My router keeps losing internet connection when my pavilion g6 notebook pc is connected (250 Views)
Student
Manflu09
Message 1 of 1 (250 Views)

My router keeps losing internet connection when my pavilion g6 notebook pc is connected

[ Edited ]

Hi, my product number is LS295EA#ABU, the problem i am having is i have recently updated all drivers including the drivers for the Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter built in to this model, and when i connect to my sky router the router keeps losing internet connectivity, like every 2 minutes or so, with no sign of any error messages and if i run network diagnostics it simply states the obvious "your router is having trouble connecting to the internet". My laptop is the only device that does this, any other device causes no problem at all with the router. is there a way to solve this? i have tried even doing a system restore, but i still have the same problem, and the firmware for the router is up to date as far as i know. Also, not sure if its helpfull but the router name is BskyB DG934G. this is only a wireless problem, as when i plug in the ethernet cable there is no problem, i only get connection issues when using wireless. im trying to solve this as my ethernet cable is only 2m long so i can only use my laptop to access the net when its right next to the router.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation