Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Here's the problem. My mothers laptop wont turn on. We tried the trick. Of taking out the battery and putting it back in which used to work and doesn't. When we looked at the charge connector it would show the light just charging. I'm thinking something got fried can someone help me?
91 REPLIES 91
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for joining the HP Forums.  Please go to the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Thanks!

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
HP Recommended

AWESOME!!! I SO LOVE YOU!!! My son went to turn on my laptop,and it wouldnt do anything.  I am out of warranty, and this is my homework laptop. These simple steps worked and I didn't loose anything!!! You are my new bff for life!)

HP Recommended

my laptop comes but only for a few seconds than it just goes off.

HP Recommended

Please try the solution in the link provided in the second post of this string.  (I have copied it here again for your use.)  Let me know if you are still having issues.  Thanks.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
HP Recommended

My lap top was coming up very slowly for a couple days, then it wouldn't come up to internet.  I have new wifi and got a message that couldn't get connected, then tried to recover and it wouldn't recover there was an error, now Im getting a message to go to stat up repair and it just stays on that and does nothing..

@zikisha wrote:

AWESOME!!! I SO LOVE YOU!!! My son went to turn on my laptop,and it wouldnt do anything.  I am out of warranty, and this is my homework laptop. These simple steps worked and I didn't loose anything!!! You are my new bff for life!)

HP Recommended

Hello JeffcoatL.  Please provide as many details as possible about your network/wifi setup and also the exact error message that you are receiving including what window the message appears in and at what point you receive the message.  I will do my very best to help you if you are still having this issue.  Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks,

Just followed the instructions and the Lab Top came on

HP Recommended

Hi.  My laptop wont turn on.  I tried removing the battery and unplugging.  Pressing the power button for 30 sec to drain.  Plugging again and without the battery and then pressing power button.  It still turns on with the lights but it blinks.  Now what?  Please help.

HP Recommended

Hello Dennis1150,

I understand your computer will not turn on to get you to the main screen is that correct? I will do all I can to help you correct this issue.

In order for me to better assist you could you please provide the full make and model of the PC you have.  Providing me that information will better help me help you. If you're uncertain where to locate that information follow this link.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.