Question

Top Student
Risingflight
Message 1 of 4 (1,743 Views)

Needed drivers for HP Pavilion dv6700 wireless

Hello i want to format my HP Pavilion dv6700 and install windows 7 enterprise 32 bit , i am worried about wireless drivers and webcam drivers

Currently i have vista if i backup drivers using driver genius software and restore it after installing windows7 will it work.

please guide 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,733 Views)

Re: Needed drivers for HP Pavilion dv6700 wireless

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

Risingflight wrote:

Hello i want to format my HP Pavilion dv6700 and install windows 7 enterprise 32 bit , i am worried about wireless drivers and webcam drivers

Currently i have vista if i backup drivers using driver genius software and restore it after installing windows7 will it work.

please guide 

PLease idenify your notebook with a bit more accuracy so we can find the driver.

Use the built-in Windows System Information utility to view information on Operating System, CPU type and speed, 32Bit or 64Bit design, and installed RAM memory

1. Click Start  on the desktop, click Programs (All Programs) , click Accessories , click System Tools , and then click System Information .
  2. In the System Information window, click either the System Summary or Components category in the left pane to display detailed information about the computer components in the right pane.
    System Summary information: Operating System, CPU, BIOS Version, RAM-Memory

Ki

What you need to post is the system model alphanumerics that are inside the parentheses. Once you post that information then it will be considerably simpler to find drivers.

What was the original operating system?

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Risingflight
Message 3 of 4 (1,730 Views)

Re: Needed drivers for HP Pavilion dv6700 wireless

Hello

Thanks alot

The original operating system is Windows Vista

system model alphanumerics,  i will tell u tomorrow as i am away but i have this information now.

HP Pavillion dv 6700
s/n: CNF820497V
p/n: KN928UA#ABA
can this information help

Top Student
Risingflight
Message 4 of 4 (1,681 Views)

Re: Needed drivers for HP Pavilion dv6700 (wireless & Webcam)

DV6700

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation