Question

Student
g1ynr
Message 1 of 3 (1,163 Views)

Netgear wireless router

I have had a Netgear CVG824G v3 wireless router fitted by Optus, my wifes notebook picks it up fine (not HP) but my notebook can't??

Any ideas???

cheers

Glyn

Tutor
prefer_linux
Message 2 of 3 (1,130 Views)

Re: Netgear wireless router

yeah.... could be anything. IP ADDRESS? gateway? network mask? does it work anywhere else?

everything is easy - or should be.
Honor Student
theexception
Message 3 of 3 (1,093 Views)

Re: Netgear wireless router

[ Edited ]

How HP can make a product that can't connect to wireless internet is beyond me.  I've spent 2 hours on the phone with customer service with the same problem.  Sees the network, connects, then disconnects.  It connects to some other wirelss routers fine, but at home my netgear wgr614 v5, it wont connect.  HPs product seems good other than that.  But why the hell would someone need a computer that can't access the internet? India customer support is useless, there are no easy fixes available by searches on the HP site, and I've installed every driver known to man.  Also, the wired internet connection only works at 10 mbps on some LANs.  [text removed] Forget about sending me my $50 rebate, just get my wireless internet working.  A Toshiba and 2 Gateway notebooks connect fine in the same house.  Come to think of it, I'm still within the 30 day return period of the retailer I purchased it from, so maybe that is the way I should go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation