Question

Student
vbuddhika
Message 1 of 3 (2,204 Views)

Network controller for vista

For hp g62-a11se,...without driver cd,i was installed windows vista,...but i didin't get Network controller drivers for vista from the hp web site,... and Realtek RTL8191E family PCI-E fast Ethernet NIC also...

plz i need help

thank you

Tutor
Amanha2009
Message 2 of 3 (2,187 Views)

Re: Network controller for vista

Hello, 

So, What your saying is that you have Clean Installed Vista, but dont have the drivers to get the internet working? Is that correct?

If so, Then you can either:

1. Use a mobile phone as a USB Modem (If you have Mobile Internet on it)

2. Use another PC that has access to the internet (Ask a friend or someone you know)

For your laptop, heres the link for the Wireless (RealTek Wireless)

Realtek RTL8191SE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows

If thats not the correct one for your wireless then please post back -  Then I will attempt to find the right one. 

Regards

Aman

Im just beginning to Provide Support - But remember... Everyone Started out like that.
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 3 (2,181 Views)

Re: Network controller for vista

On the network controller related this notebook should be configured with Broadcom 4313 Wireless card, you an download it from here ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49024.exe

Before install Realtek Network Card driver, check if you have option related to 'LAN Power Saving' under System Configuration Section, if yes, disable that and then install the Realtek Driver, else you would get below error during installation...

ss.PNG

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation