Re: No Bluetooth after upgrade to Windows 8.1 - Model 1104TX (ENVY m6) (2710 Views)
HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 11 of 18 (3,076 Views)

Re: No Bluetooth after upgrade to Windows 8.1 - Model 1104TX (ENVY m6)

Hello RENJ

I am glad you responded. Given that you say other software has stopped working in addition to the Bluetooth I would recommend the following steps.

*** ATTENTION: The steps below will delete ALL files from your computer including User generated files. I would recommend that you back up any files you wish to keep by following this document.

Step 1. Do a factory restore of your computer (follow document here)

Step 2. Ensure ALL Windows Updates are completed and ALL HP Updates are completed

Step 3. Create a Restore Point (follow document here)

Step 4. Run the Windows 8.1 Update

Step 5. Check the software and devices that are not currently working see if they are working now

Step 6. If everything is working fine great, if not restore your computer back to the restore point you created (follow document here)

This is a last ditch effort and I have seen it finally resolve issues with Windows 8.1 where individual updates were unsuccessful. The Restore point is in case it fails and the issues return at which time I would recommend you return to Windows 8.0 until such a time as new drivers and fixes have come out to resolve the issues you are experiencing.

I hope this finally finds your issue resolved. Thank you again for bringing your issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
Tutor
RENJ
Message 12 of 18 (3,060 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Dunidar, I did everything as mentioned in your latest reply. I had asked our Administrator to help me out in this. Everything upto Step-4 (as mentioned in your latest response) went smoothly.

The problem was at "Step 5. Check the software and devices that are not currently working see if they are working now".

Every device except for the Bluetooth device is working without any issue. HP Simple Pass (the fingerprint app) is also working. However 'Bluettoth' is still defiant. Also my Administrator has confirmed that none of the Windows 8.1 updates (from Microsoft) were unsuccessfull.

As you said switching back to Windows 8.0 may be the only viable option I see right now, if I want to use Bluetooth. I really use Bluetooth (and fingerprint app) frequently.

Thank you for your time and effort. I greatly appreciate it a lot.

Have a nice day.

RENJ

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 13 of 18 (2,850 Views)

Here is the Windows 8.1 driver for the Ralink Bluetooth device:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63742.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
RENJ
Message 14 of 18 (2,823 Views)

[ Edited ]

Vidya,

Thank you for your valuable time. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't/didn't work. All I got was the Windows 8.1 BSOD.

I am pasting a link below from Microsoft Community, which may hold the solution to my problem and to many others who have this same problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/bluetooth-systemthreadexception...

Please don't just shoot arrows in the dark, because customers like me get injured. I got injured because I TRUSTED you (because you said you're an HP employee and you have this fancy tag 'Associate Dean')  and upgraded again from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1, and blindly followed your suggestion.

Just to inform you my work-related data in "My Documents" in C:\ drive under my user-name is lost. My administrator couldn't recover it. Such actions questions your credibility.

So taking into these considerations my humble request to HP:

[1] Understand you product well before shipping it.

[2] If you don't have a solution to a problem that numerous customers are having, make an official statement saying that "HP doesn't have the solution to this problem as of now."

[3] Before suggesting or recommending a solution in the public domain kindly test for the validity of your solution (Put simply test yourself whether it works or not).

[4] If the solution is coming from a third party, then make them accountable for their supplies.

Thank you

RENJ

P.S: I was just curious; do you really understand the meaning of 'Dean'? That was the catchy term that led me to TRUST you.

Intern
Makachaka
Message 15 of 18 (2,710 Views)

Recently I solved many windows 8/8.1 problems.

May be this will helps you to solve your problem: http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8-1/
Tutor
RENJ
Message 16 of 18 (2,677 Views)

Thank you Makachaka,

I greatly appreciate your time and help. However your suggestion came a bit too late.

I had already solved my problem with Bluetooth using the instructions found in the following web-page:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/bluetooth-systemthreadexception...

The only deviation I took while troubleshooting when compared to the steps outlined in the above Microsoft page was that I didn't apply the Intel Bluetooth patch. The rest was exactly as mentioned. Problem solved for me.

@Makachaka: Thank you and have a Happy New Year !

Intern
Makachaka
Message 17 of 18 (827 Views)

The most common problem in windows 8.1 is Bluetooth not working.

How To Turn On Bluetooth In Windows 8.1

Tutor
RENJ
Message 18 of 18 (816 Views)

@Makachaka, Thank you! Greatly appreciate your help and support.

However, I recently solved the issue using an HP update (I found it while browsing a solution for the problem). All's well at my end as of now.

Thank you and have a great day.

--Renj

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation