Question

Honor Student
KirkNylund
Message 1 of 33 (9,086 Views)

On start up I get the following message box regarding the hp connection Manager cannot load assembly

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Error Message:

On Start up a text box appears with the following message:

hpConnectionManager.exe

Cannot load assembly:

System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.61.0 Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyTaken=db937bc2d44ff139

The application will now exit

Then it ask to click the button OK.

I don't notice anything wrong, but I am concerned something is not working and I will run in to a problem at the worst time.

Do I need to be concerned or is this a minor announce?

Honor Student
trellrunner
Message 2 of 33 (9,067 Views)

Re: On start up I get the following message box regarding the hp connection Manager cannot load asse

I also have this problem and would like to correct it. 

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 3 of 33 (9,055 Views)

Re: On start up I get the following message box regarding the hp connection Manager cannot load asse

I am also have the same problem.  This is a new laptaop and just started having this problem.

Student
kathyak
Message 4 of 33 (8,973 Views)

I've been getting this error message since about 3 days after I got my dv6t in June.

Honor Student
rolenta
Message 5 of 33 (8,935 Views)

Same here. I bought a new laptap on Sunday. This stupid message began appearing on Tuesday,

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 6 of 33 (8,817 Views)

Hi to all with this issue, I'm not sure of the actual model of your notebooks, we can actually tell easier by your Product numbers.

Here is a link to tell you how to find that in case you are not sure:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

The troubleshooting step I would suggest would be to go on-line to HP.com and go to where it lists all the SW updates (we call them Softpaqs) and then scroll down to a topic towards the bottom called "Software - Solutions" and from that sub-group choose to download and then install the latest version of "HP Connection Manager"

This is the only thing that is common to you all, not all mentioned the notebooks they had but I saw at least two different ones listed.

So that makes HP Connection Manager a common denominator for your communal issue.

Please let us know how this goes for you, good luck.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Student
swissgeek
Message 7 of 33 (8,797 Views)

Among many other problems, I am too struggling with this issue since i have this dv7t (prod number LM726AV with windows 7/64) - spent hours online - spent hours on the phone - no solution, no success (do I sound frustrated?). Connecting to wireless networks is a pain with a lot of manual back and forth each time. Was lead through all kinds of ways how to reinstall the connection manager. Giving up on this approach.

Since it cannot load the SQLite, is it safe to download the SQL from their site? is it okay to use 1.0.76.0 (currently 1.0.61.0)?

http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/downloads.wiki 

Have .NET 4.0 and SP1, so if yes, do i need the bundle (mixed mode) or the straight version?

All helps appreciated!

Heiri

Honor Student
rolenta
Message 8 of 33 (8,763 Views)

Tried your solution and it didn't work. By the way, I have a Pavilion g7-1173dx 64-bit w/Windows 7

Tutor
tinker-t
Message 9 of 33 (8,742 Views)

I have tried reloading the latest version of HP Connection Manager after uninstalling the current version and now I am getting the following message:  "No WWAN device detected.  Exiting installation".  This is true, I don't have a WWAN device, but WWAN is only one component of the Connection Manager -- WLAN and the LAN are part of it too.  How can I get it to install?

My model is a Pavilion dv6-6140us.

Student
alanda
Message 10 of 33 (8,708 Views)

I also receive the exact same error message on start-up as the first poster in this thread.

My system is a new HP Pavilion dv6z-6100

I went to the HP website and downloaded the patch posted on the dv6z-6100 support and drivers page.  (sp53394.exe)  which is version 4.1.22.1 dated 2011-06-27.

I ran the patch twice, once with the repair option and once with the modify option.  Neither action solved the problem.

In my case I decided to run the patch again with the remove option.

Why am I OK with removing it?  As I understand it, HP Connection Manager's purpose is to watch for IP address changes that can happen if HP network  peripherals (printers) are configured to use DHCP, which is the default.  Under some circumstances your router's DHCP server will change the IP address it hands out to computers and devices.  If the IP address of your printer changes your PC's printer driver can no longer find it.  HP Connection Manager watches for these IP address changes and automatically updates the IP address your PC's printer driver uses. 

In my case whenever I add a printer to my network, I configure it with a static IP address which turns off its use of DHCP.  So I really don't need HP Connection Manager on my PC's.  If you want to do this, but don't understand what I'm talking about, ask your friendly computer nerd to help you. 

I would also think that if you are just connecting a printer directly to your PC with a USB cable you don't need the HP Connection Manger either.

soaringaa
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation