Question

Honor Student
fabseb
Message 1 of 5 (6,505 Views)

Pavilion DV7 wireless will not turn on

I've a brand new factory install Pavilion DV7-1213TX and the wireless light will not change from orange. I can connect to my modem through the ethernet, but wireless is not working. I've tried everything that the manual says including going in to the BIOS on start-up, but I couldn't find any mention of wireless in the BIOS to turn it on.

I've just run a hardware diagnostics online at the HP site and it returned this error message...

Test Failed. Unable to access the LAN adapter. Please re-install the LAN adapter. If it still fails, please contact HP for further assistance. (LAN diagnostic (Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN)) » More information    (Code=41OIJ-GE4GV-4JQ60-6L6HR-B1QH-1)Test Failed. Unable to access the LAN adapter. Please re-install the LAN adapter. If it still fails, please contact HP for further assistance. (LAN diagnostic (Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN)) » More information    (Code=41OIJ-GE4GV-4JQ60-6L6HR-B1QH-1)  

How do I re-install a LAN Adaptor when I don'lt know which one to download and install?

thanx

Honor Student
fabseb
Message 2 of 5 (6,483 Views)

Re: Pavilion DV7 wireless will not turn on

I have downloaded and reinstalled the drivers on the page for my notebook, but to no effect.

Honor Student
hectorivansoto
Message 3 of 5 (6,426 Views)

I have the same problem, with the added complication that none of the buttons on the bar (media button volume controls play stop skip) do not work also.  There is no way to make any of theese buttons do anything.  (do I have to replace the computer?  it is still under warranty in costo)
Honor Student
fabseb
Message 4 of 5 (6,421 Views)

I returned my notepad and ended up with the model above for the same price.
Student
EtownBlueJays
Message 5 of 5 (2,298 Views)

I have a problem with my wireless as well. However, it's not that it doesn't turn on. It's that when I turn it on, it doesn't STAY on. I have cleaned the touch sensitive buttons on the top of my laptop multiple times thinking maybe it was dirty or something, but it still will not stay on. Is there any way I can just disable the wifi touch button and turn my wifi on/off MANUALLY or possibly a fix for the button issue? I have an HP dv7 notebook pc. Thanks in advance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation