10-19-2013 09:20 AM
I have a Pavilion g6 Notebook - C3M29EA#AB7 and upgraded to windows 8.1 yesterday.
Since then I have been unable to detect my own wifi connection while I'm able to detect those of my neighbours. (All was working fine prior to update).
This question was solved. View Solution.
10-21-2013 03:24 PM
- Same here.
After an hour of time I'll never get back I've solved the issue.
1) Get on the internet via the wired LAN port
2) Update the drivers for the Ralink Wifi network card
Go: Rightclick onthe Wifi Network Connection icon: Properties/Configure/Driverr Tab/update driver
3) After a minute or so of updateing the PC reports that the driver has been updated
4) Pull out the network cable and turn on the WiFi.
What a pain in the arse,
Anyway, as I said, Fixed!!
10-22-2013 02:17 PM
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)