Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, can anyone tell me how can I turn on the wireless key (the key is red, but when I press the key to turn on the key do not turn white (on), I have problem with WI-Fi conection.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ramon

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @RamonT ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the wireless on and off button is not working on your notebook.

Can you tell me exactly which notebook you are using and the installed operating system? For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

I would also suggest making sure the wireless adapter and wireless button drivers are up to date. You can download the drivers for your notebook on the HP - Drivers & Downloads website by entering your product number and operating system.

I look forward to your reply. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi, my equipment is a HP Pavilion g7 - 1033cl Notebook PC and de Operation System is Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, System Type c64-base PC

HP Recommended

Hey RamonT,

Please try installing the HP Wireless Assistant. You can download this for your notebook here: HP Wireless Assistant.

I would also suggest installing the wireless adapter drivers, but in order to provide a direct link I need to know which adapter you are using. This should be displayed in Device Manager under Network adapters.

If it isn't listed:

1. Click View at the top of Device Manager.
  2. Select Show hidden devices.
  3. Expand the Other devices section.
  4. Look for Unknown devices.
  5. Right click on the Unknown device.
  6. Select Properties.
  7. Click the Details tab.
  8. Change the drop down menu to Hardware Ids.
  9. Provide me with the first ID in the list.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please tell me if this is the information you need:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_166A103C&REV_05

Thank in advance for your help

Ramon

HP Recommended

Hey RamonT,

The hardware ID you've listed is for your wired ethernet card not the wireless adapter. If you check Device Manager in the Network adapters section you should see the name of the adapter. The name should include 802.11, wireless, or Wi-Fi in the name. If it doesnt check in Other devices for Unknown devices and provide the hardware ID. I do not need the hardware ID for a device that does not say Unknown.

If the hardware ID you listed was shown in other devices you can download the drivers for it here: Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver.

Thanks. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, I not an expert in coputer but tell me is this is the information that you need:

Driver Version - 7.48.823.2011 Build by WinDDK, if not the information please tell me.

Thanks

Ramon

HP Recommended

Hey RamonT,

That is not the information I need.

What I need is the name of the adapter so I can find the right drivers for you. In Device Manager you should see a list of Network adapters. One of them should say wireless, Wi-Fi, or 802.11 in the name. That is the adapter name I need.

If there is nothing listed in network adapters that indicates it is a wireless adapter click View at the top of Device Manager and click Show hidden devices. Expand the Other devices section and look for anything that says Unknown device. If you have an Unknown device right click on it and select Properties. In the Properties window click the Details tab, and change the drop down menu to Hardware IDs. Provide me with the first ID in the list, like you did in your other reply, but for the Unknown device.

Thank you. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your help, but I can not find the information that you tell me.  But don't worry I going to take the computer to Office Max to fix the problem.

Thanks

Ramon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.