07-24-2010 06:17 AM
I have the following problem with my new notebook:
I'm using Dlink DSL 2641b wireless router. The wireless connection on my other Toshiba laptop is working fine, as well as my home pc which is connected via lan cable. I've tested wireless on few other wi-fi devices (such as SonyEricsson Satio mobile) and everything is working as it should.
When I try to connect with my Pavillion dv6, after I select my home wireless network from a pop-up list, the following happens:
Windows is "getting information from your wireless network", and after a few seconds I get notification: "Windows cannot connect to this network".
When I open Network connections under Windows 7 Control panel, the wireless network card status is "ATTEMPTING TO IDENTIFY".
I've tried all possible combinations with router settings (b/g/n mode, different channels, different encryption (wep, wpa-psk) but with no success.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)