Question

Student
Morada
Message 1 of 2 (322 Views)

Photosmart 2610 + Mac OS X 7.3.1 + MiFi wireless

[ Edited ]

1.)  Is my HP Photosmart 2610 All-in-One wireless-capable (and does this mean completely wireless, or does it mean connected to the internet through a router, and wireless to the computer?)?

2.)  I don't use a router; I use a MiFi.  How do I connect my printer to that?  (The control panel on my printer does not show available networks.)

3.)  I used to use a cable company and Cisco router, and I cancelled the cable co. for the MiFi.  I still had my intranet wireless connection.  In trying to connect to the MiFi, I lost the intranet connection, and the router reset to factory defaults.  Now I can print only with a USB or ethernet cable connection directly to printer.

4.)  Because I have a Mac laptop, I have no CD.  The firmware download (update) said that it was a legacy image and needed to be converted (whatever that means), so I can't update the firmware.

Can anyone help me set up wireless printing?  Thanks in advance!!

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Photosmart 2610 + Mac OS X 7.3.1 + MiFi wireless

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  On this one, regarding question #1, you are correct, a standard configuration through a router and wireless to the computer.  I don't know who the vendor of the MiFi box is but I do see a lot of activity on the boards regarding configuration and wireless printing.  Once you have you computer connected via MiFi, you should be able to see the network and configure the printer to that network.  I might also suggest that you contact the vendor of the MiFi box for configuration suggestions.  I've included a link below to some of the sucess stories and how they made it happen. 

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=40620.0  (Thanks RVFORUM)

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/print-wireless-network-mifi-device/   (Thanks MAKEUSEOF)

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation