Question

Student
littleone13
Message 1 of 2 (520 Views)

Pop up Problems on my hp envy please help

Hi I have only had my hp envy for 3 months now. I didnt have any problems with pop ups or my internet until I downloaded google chrome last night and ever since then I constantly have pop ups on my internet. Somehow it downloaded optimizer pro scan (I uninstalled it) amd other games on my desktop (I have unistalled those also). I dont know what to do the pop up blocker is on in my internet settings.  ANy advice thank you!

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (484 Views)

Re: Pop up Problems on my hp envy please help

Hi littleone,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after installing Google Chrome, you are getting pop ups, but you were not previously. You have uninstalled Google Chrome and some games but the issue remains.You have checked your Internet options and the pop up blocker is on. You can download Windows Defender to help with malware, spyware and popups. Here   are links to Microsoft documents on Using Windows Defenderand Getting apps for your PC.  Here is a link to a YouTube Video on the subject. How to: Stop pop ups for Free in less than two min.    I hope this has helped.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation