Question

Honor Student
mschumacher
Message 1 of 6 (3,028 Views)

Pop up = "Ulead MP3 codec: About" ....when on work webmail....then I have to shut down

[ Edited ]

What is going on with this?  I am unable to access my work email from home.

it DOES NOT happen with any other of my email accounts (gmail or hotmail).

It has ONLY started happening when I started using my new HP Pavilion d7 with Windows 7.

someone said it was somehow linked to the 'sound' made when an email arrives.

but I really don't think so.

I have spent hours on the phone with HP tech help to no avail.

can someone help with this?

Thanks.

Mary 

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 6 (2,999 Views)

Re: Pop up = "Ulead MP3 codec: About" ....when on work webmail....then I have to shut down

Do you have AOL application installed on the PC? if yes, Turning off sounds in AOL when logging in or when new mail arrives, and check...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
mschumacher
Message 3 of 6 (2,994 Views)

Re: Pop up = "Ulead MP3 codec: About" ....when on work webmail....then I have to shut down

Thanks for your response.

No, I do not have AOL.

I access the internet through Comcast and have email accounts with gmail and hotmail.

again, this pop-up thing ONLY happens when I am accessing my 'work' email via 'webmail.'

and it only started when I switched computers to my new Pavilion d7 with Windows 7.

Is there a way to turn off sound when email arrives?  I only know to use the mute button on the keyboard but I thought there was a way using the system.

Thanks.

Mary

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 6 (2,989 Views)

OK...So on the webmail, check for settings option and in that you should have an option for "Play a sound when new mail arrives” something in those lines, which you can uncheck and see...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
mschumacher
Message 5 of 6 (2,976 Views)

I don't see any such option when I am logged into webmail.  Does this option exist somewhere else?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 6 (2,971 Views)

Hmmmm... I will need a screenshot of the inbox...I have attached a doc, related to AOL Webmail, causing same issue... It will be very much in similar lines... or I would suggest, try another browser like Firefox or Google Chrome...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation