HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-29-2012 02:23 AM
I found where problem is!
1. download HP power assistant and set it up!
2. run it and choice "mobile" profile
3. rechoice "high performance"
your WIFI and Bluetooth will turn on immediately!!!!!
08-17-2012 12:24 AM - edited 08-17-2012 12:27 AM
I had the same problem with different model HP Probook 4330s - WIFI button becomes orange and it was not possible to turn it on by pressing the button. It was not mentioned within this thread, but the WIFI and Bluetooth can be enabled/disabled also by application called HP Connection Manager.
So I did the following steps:
- go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html
- entered the model name in your case "hp probook 4520s" in my case "hp probook 4330s"
- click on link with the base model
- select your operating system version
- locate the download link to HP Connection Manager- in the case of hp probook 4520s the older version HP Connection Manager 3.x is available
- download and install and run - WIFI can be enabled in UI
- if not, make sure that the WIFI and Bluetooth devices are enabled in BIOS
08-22-2012 07:57 AM - edited 08-22-2012 08:00 AM
Hi again, there is another solution too, it might be because of your wifi turned off by software!
Press " Windows Key " + " X " , windows mobility center will open, click on " Turn Wireless ON " and you will be all set.
Edit 1 :
seems some one already said this solution before at page 1.