Question

Honor Student
Cai-7
Message 1 of 5 (1,094 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem with HP Wireless Assistant on a Pavilion DV6-6013tu

I have a Pavilion DV6-6013tu using windows 7- 64bit operating system.

For some unknown reason this morning I have started to get the error mesage "Wireless information unavailable"and also the message  that the application will now close down.

When I try via the control panel to open the HP Wireless Assistant, it refuses to open and after a long period comes up with the above error message as well. 

The blue light is on the f12 key and I can connect to the internet via my wireless modem router.

I can also print via my wireless printer.

Can anyone help ?

Hp Support have got me to down load an updated version of HP Support assistant, which made no difference what so ever.

I can see the item HP wireless assistant in programs and features (via control panel) but until I can get a new update for it don't want to proceed to remove it.

HP Support tell me to jut ignore the error message and carry on using the computer !!!!!!

The laptop is not a year old yet and I was expecting constructive assistance from them not the advice they have given me.

Can anyone out there teach an old dog new tricks, in short easy to understand steps though as I am not tech savvy at this late stage in my life.

Thanks.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (1,090 Views)

Re: Problem with HP Wireless Assistant on a Pavilion DV6-6013tu

[ Edited ]

There are a couple of things you can try.

1) Download and install the HP Software Framework. Try the Connection manager afterwards.

softframe.png

2) Use the UEFI environment in Windows via the HP Support Assistant -->Maintain --<> run a Tuneup and update the BIOS. If one is available it will show that after a tuneup is completed. Via UEFI it is safe to update the BIOS and you can even downgrade it to a previous version if it has been updated. As you can see in the history, I am quite selective in which updates I allow to happen. I do not update when it is not necessary and that does pay off.

tuneupres.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Cai-7
Message 3 of 5 (1,067 Views)

Thanks for the advice.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately when I  tried the laptop this morning, on the third attempt the Wireless Assistant decided to work.  No idea as to why it suddenly decided too work again as I hadn't at that time tried any of your remedies. As it seems to be an intermitent fault I will keep the info you supplied in case, and for when, it plays up again.

Thanks again.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (1,065 Views)

Updating the HP software framework would still be a wise thing to do.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Cai-7
Message 5 of 5 (1,062 Views)

Thanks Erico.
I will update the HP software frame work later.
HP support should have contacted me seven hours ago on this issue, they wanted time to think, and I have been waiting for any ideas they came up with. But with the appointment time long gone I have given up hope.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation