Question

Honor Student
JituK
Message 1 of 9 (9,805 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ralink Adapter issue - RT3290

Hello,

Recently I bought a HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook/ b001TU, with Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter with windows 8. The problem is as soon as I turn on the wifi on my laptop it crashes my TREDNET router. Other computers connected to same wifi network don’t see the network. Its only when I restart the router other computers start seeing my wifi. When connected with Ethernet network cable everything seems to be working fine.

Can anyone please suggest how I can get rid of this problem?

Thanks, 

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 9 (9,746 Views)

Hello JituK. I understand that you're experiencing some issues with your wireless network.

What exactly happens when you connect the new notebook to the router wirelessly? Does it reboot, freeze, or do something else?

There could be a conflict between the specific wireless card and the router (this happens from time to time) so have you tried updating the firmware for the router?

Are you using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n wireless specification? Have you made any changes to your router's configuration?

It might be helpful at some point to have your product number so if you could follow these instructions and post it for me I would appreciate it.

I will await your response; have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
JituK
Message 3 of 9 (9,736 Views)

Re: Ralink Adapter issue - RT3290

Hello, thanks for the response.

When I turn on wireless on my new notebook, my router goes down. The notebook continues to function as normal but with no network.

I haven’t tried upgrading the firmware yet. I did not find any discussion on TRENDnet or general forms that could firmly say that it would be a problem with older firmware version on the route. But I think will give it a try and let you know.

I have 2.4Ghz 802b/g/n mixed mode set on my router.

I have got - HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook/ b001TU – notebook and

TRENDnet TEW-652BRP router.

Thanks,

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 9 (9,731 Views)

I think upgrading the firmware is a good first step. This is going to require some use of the process of elimination to figure out. I remember that Windows Vista had a similiar problem involving IPV6, so looking into that will probably also be a possibility.

I believe this is the latest firmware available for your model router. Update that and let me know what the result is.

I will keep an eye out for your response.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Honor Student
JituK
Message 5 of 9 (9,709 Views)

You are bang on Traget. After upgrading the firmware of my router, I am now able to use my new notebook.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 6 of 9 (9,704 Views)

I am glad to hear that this resolved the issue. Make sure to mark the post as solved so that it will be easier for other users to find a solution.

Have a great weekend JituK.

Student
Wisely
Message 7 of 9 (5,011 Views)

Good day, will like to find solution to my hp 650 Ralink wifi rt3290 will detect Wifi signal ,when i click on the wifi signal for my wiindows 7 to connect to, has been displaying this "Windows cannot connect to xyx wifi ".What can do to make the wifi connecting and returning error.

JituK wrote:

Hello,

Recently I bought a HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook/ b001TU, with Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter with windows 8. The problem is as soon as I turn on the wifi on my laptop it crashes my TREDNET router. Other computers connected to same wifi network don’t see the network. Its only when I restart the router other computers start seeing my wifi. When connected with Ethernet network cable everything seems to be working fine.

Can anyone please suggest how I can get rid of this problem?

Thanks, 

Honor Student
kalz
Message 8 of 9 (4,739 Views)

slt

Student
amrsaad2000
Message 9 of 9 (237 Views)

rt 3290

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation