Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

shshfdrg

HP Recommended

on another thread below, i finally tried to download the Ralink 802 and it seemed to work. But every time i shut down even after rebooting i face the same problem. no sound.

i have the HP2000. notebook. this is very troubling. I have not downloaded windows 8 yet. Still operating on windows 7

HP Recommended

i hit the update icon and hp support assistant and for some strange reason found some 26 of 28 files, drivers and other updates that i've never seen before. RaLink was one of the 4 or so with audio. it worked, then when i shut down and opened up again, same problem no sound.

Then i clicked on a link on a simular thread here and dowloaded direct Ralink link. my sound started working right away. later i shut down and restarted and no more sound. looks like i may need a new card but think my pc is out of warranty. it's an HP2000. this is horrible

HP Recommended

I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion notebook with the same wifi adapter problem. After hours of trying every fix in every forum, the only one that worked was to reload default settings from BIOS. I did not even update to the latest version-just reset to default. It took 5 minutes. I backed up my files first, just in case.

HP Recommended

Please find this new post I created with possible resolutions to many issues I had with this card, now all solved:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Ralink-RT3290-802-11bgn-Wifi-Card-Pos...

HP Recommended

Hello frieds,

I have similar issue on my HP G6-2226TU model laptop.

Initially I was unable to see any wireless connection around my laptop hence I re-installed wireless driver(Device manager-->n/w adapters-->Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn -->right click-->unistall-->restart computer).

I then go to device manager and found an yellow warning icon on Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wireless adapter. :smileysad:, I clicked on properties and found a message "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

I downloaded many drivers from hp site and installed, restarted system but the same status.

Finally I had downloaded driver software from hp support site and installed but didn't restart system, some how my wireless came back and I was able to see the wireless connections around my system. To confirm that my system is fine, I restarted the system and found that wireless was not working again with showing the same error message in adapter properties.

Again I tried re-installing, restarting, deleting driver(while unistalling) and installing back it from the setup but no use.

can anyone help me in getting my laptop wireless up.

Sorry for my bad English...

HP Recommended

I got same problem right now. It seems aleatory problem (not detecting wi-fi), but I realized that everytime I changed sth in the system, I got the problem.  So I have to set up a new wi fi connection manually (If I try to connect directly it tells me that the password is wrong). It´s really annoying.

HP Recommended

This problem of not being abe to detect wi-fi hubs in your vacinity may be solved by a far simpler means:

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 4143ea.

The wi-fi failed about one year previously whilst I was connected to a driver upgrade website.

I replaced the wi-fi chip with another Broadcom from eBay, but the situation did not improve.

Recently I went to a driver upgrade website again and did a scan of my laptop.

The scan showed that 2 drivers needed updating.

I went into device manager and updated the AMD sound codec, which gave me sound in MS WMP 

which enabled me to play mp3s in Windows 10.

The other driver was Realtek PCI Family Controller.

I thought that there may be a conflict between this driver and the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter,

which I knew was already up to date,

so I uninstalled both of them after right clicking on them, then 'restart' the laptop.

When the desktop came up the wireless icon was still not there. Then I had a notification reading,

'Wi-Fi Sense Requires Attention'. I then realised that my ethernet cable was still plugged in.

After pulling it out the wireless icon appeared. Upon clicking on it a list of half a dozen IP addresses appeared

including mine.

Problem solved.

This beggars the question,"Why can't Microsoft provide a button which when clicked deletes all your drivers and downloads the latest versions in a logical order, in order to wipe out these conflicts?"

HP Recommended

Yes I did reinstall the driver from the hp utility center, reinstall drivers section. But still my wifi adapter says 'not connected' in the device manager. This happened I think after the HP support assistant was updated to the new one. I found the older version but can't re-download it coz my hp pavilion laptop says 'there is already a newer version installed'. My wifi router works fine bcos my phone has a good wifi signal. pls help. thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.