Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

may be in december......

HP Recommended

@DanyZaffa wrote:
So strange! A new driver's version must be release!!

I don't think it's a driver issue. Microsoft had to take down Windows 8.1 RT version (update) for tablets from MS servers as buggy so it's possible that it's not buggy only in the RT version as MS deny any claims that other versions have troubles too.:)

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Finally Hp released a new version of drivers compatible with Windows 8.1 ! This evening I will try and give back a feedback!

HP Recommended
Please let me know if it works, and where the new driver is available. I can't find it....
HP Recommended

I would also be grateful for the location of the updated driver please as I cannot see exactly which is which on the Realtek site.

I upgraded my Compaq CQ58 to Windows 8.1 two days ago. This morning I got an alert from the HP support assistant telling me I had to update the driver. It had an option to download the updated driver which I clicked. It said it was downloading and after 1/2 hour nothing had downloaded so I cancelled it.

HP Recommended

i had the same problem .

i solved it

downloaded sp57288.exe form Hp.co.uk this is an BIOs update for the motherboared used

ran it

after computer restarted

Realtek PCIe FE Faimily Controler is working fine

HP Recommended

@blueistwo:

I checked the HP site for the sevice pack you mention and see it is a BIOS update as you also mention however I find no reference to which particular "MODEL" of equipment it is intended for. If this is an update for a machine that NOT, I repeat NOT a CQ58-xxxx as mentioned in the topic title then it will not do the rest of us much good. This is in no way an complaint against your good self and I heartily congratulate you on finding a solution to your problem.

The thing with that BIOS updaye you mention that does intrigue me is the revision number which suggests it is a very early update to an original factory build, so I have to wonder, if while solving your problem will generate additional problems for you if the later revisions fixed other issues with hardware/firmware/HAL/OS/software.

I too am experienceing this same issue with Windows 8.1 and the Realtek PCIe FE Familt contoller on a Compaq CQ58-201SA model.

I have so far installed windows 8.1 a grand total of 3 times and reverted bacl to the factory installation with Windows 8 each time except the last. To date I have install each and every patch and update that has been offered or suggested by HP Support Assistance tool, and every critical and important patch offered by Micorsoft windows update.

I have also gone to the actual chip manuafacturers websites for the AMD APU E-Series CPU/Graphics chip and found that their "generic" drivers produce errors during installation for reasons that are not stated in the error message, getting the error data from the log file is a chore in itself as the post installation process produces an error stating that no suitable or acceptabl reader for the log can be found. It does not offer a location where I can find teh log either so that makes things worse in attempting to fault find the situation.

With regards to Realtek generic drivers, they produce the same Code 35 error as well. I have used the latest files from all sources, HP, AMD, Realtek AND tries the previous version in sequential order of release date AS WELL AS in mixed combination to try and see if it was some sort of wierd compatability conflict.

The only thing I have not tried is reverting to an older BIOS micrcode/firmware version as there is no way in hell that I will voluntarily muck about with BIOS update and changes without one very good, very urgent need. (The number of machines I have seen turned into expensive paperweights and doorsteps from people doing silly things during a firmware or BIOS update I could write a scarey novel about.)

HP Recommended

Some Updates.  This Ethernet Driver is shrouded in mystery.

There: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112325-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it...

Hp released a new version of Ehternet driver compatible with windows 8.1, BUT NOTHING CHANGE!! SAME ERROR 35. It's incredible!! 

HP Recommended

Actually that is not a new driver. If you check the version number and service pack number against that of the ones listed on the Windows 8 (x64) page, they are the same as those of the drivers listed on the windows 8.1 page (x64).

What I susect is happening is that HP has created an entry/page on their system for drivers that the original equiment manufacturer claim are windows 8.1 compatible. The thing to watch for is the date of publication and change in the revision number.

For example.

HP Compaq CQ58-201SA driver and firmware download page.

Windows 8.0 (x64)

8.3.730.2012 Current - 11-2012 - 5.84M

8.2.612.2012 - 09-2012 - 5.83M

Windows 8.1 (x64)

8.3.730.2012 Current - 11-2012 - 5.84M

8.2.612.2012 - 09-2012 - 5.83M

Realtek page for the identified LAN chip used.

Win8 and Win8.1 Auto Installation Program (SID:1606893) - 8.020 - 2013/9/24 - 5874k

HP are aware of the problem and are probably talking with their own development team, Realtek and Microsoft. We just have to wait a little while for the management types to get out of the way of the software and hardware enginers so they can work on a fix for the issues.

In all honesty, I am not expecting much at all until at least a month after the initial release of Windows 8.1. Because those Management types will all be playing the game of NIHS (Not Invented Here syndrome).

To the moderators, this is all meant a little in disgust/sarcasm and a little bit of tongue in cheek. I know it will take some time for a fix to be affected.

What I would honestly be interested in finding out and hearing an explanation of is why, whatever in the network coding of windows 8.1 changed? So that the data structures and information supplied to the driver and operating system in windows 8.0 by the exisiting BIOS/firmware are no longer compatible or acceptable.

HP Recommended

Oh Yes! I Notated that there is a version that was released in 2012! It's so strange that also this version, compatible with 8.1 according to HP, doesn't work! It's absurd!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.