Question

Honor Student
JohnK21
Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

Script errors on every internet page I go to

So yesterday I did an HP software update, now to my surprise everytime I enter into a new website this annoying 'script error' pop-up repeatedly pops up. Before I can even access for instance facebook I have to click through 10 script error pop-ups. Why is this happening, and how can I eliminate this annoying problem? I tried a system recovery, but it didn't work!

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 2 (277 Views)

Re: Script errors on every internet page I go to

JohnK21 wrote:

So yesterday I did an HP software update, now to my surprise everytime I enter into a new website this annoying 'script error' pop-up repeatedly pops up. Before I can even access for instance facebook I have to click through 10 script error pop-ups. Why is this happening, and how can I eliminate this annoying problem? I tried a system recovery, but it didn't work!

Try resetting Internet Explorer

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:

1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
  2. If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl
  3. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7, click Start. Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
    inetcpl.cpl
    The Internet Options dialog box appears.
  4. Click the Advanced tab.
  5. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
    Click to select the Delete personal settings check box.
  6. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  7. Start Internet Explorer again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation