SoftAP and my wifi mouse (5450 Views)
Honor Student
robijs
Message 1 of 7 (5,450 Views)

SoftAP and my wifi mouse

Hi,

I am using a HP wifi mobile mouse sincce about a month. It worked allright, until I did something in relation to my homenetwork; I noticed that there was another network in the list; I disabled that, and then my mouse stopped working. I tried to reinstall, but that stopped with the message that SoftAP is not available. I work on a Sony VAIO laptop with Windows 7 that I purchased two months ago. What can I do to get it working again? The HP software evidently does not see the mouse anymore.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 7 (5,435 Views)

Re: SoftAP and my wifi mouse

I guess 'Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter’  must be disabled or something in Device Manager.Try this to disable and re-enable SoftAP module : 

Go to Start menu and type "cmd" without quotes and then Press Ctrl + Shift +Enter and type following command without quotes

“netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” <press enter>, then type

“netsh wlan start hostednetwork” <press enter>

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
robijs
Message 3 of 7 (5,431 Views)

Thanks. I tried that when I saw that solution in earlier discussions. I did not get permission to start the network again.

I did find another solution: I restored to an earlier system backup, and then the mouse worked again. It does cost me some restoration of programs but that only takes time. Thanks again

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 7 (5,406 Views)

Yes, sometimes a system restore could also fix these kind of issues. Glad to know you got it resolved :smileyhappy:

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
crni33
Message 5 of 7 (5,270 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem... I tried the commands you mentione, but when I input "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" i get answer: "Hosted network could not be started" " The group or resoruces is not in the correct state to perform requested operation" Btw, I have Inter Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG card. Can you help me please? ....

SPH Student
Student
SPH
Message 6 of 7 (4,716 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue. The Wireless Mouse was working fine but I did remove a second wireless connection in the Network Center and now I can't get it working again. I get the 'SoftAP' is not available' error.  I tried the commands you mentioned, but when I input "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" i get answer: "Hosted network could not be started" " The group or resoruces is not in the correct state to perform requested operation".

Running restore from the previous back-up is too risky and don't want to do that.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Student
mohamed98
Message 7 of 7 (1,101 Views)

perche quando vengo a collegare il mous al pc mi dice manca il softap ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation