Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

product number= VM198UA#ABC

OS= Windows 7 64-bit

as for windows card model, how do i find that?

my windows Product ID is 00359-OEM-8992687-00010

HP Recommended

Acer Aspire 3820T-6480  Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, Adapter is Athemas AR5B97 and the driver is 9.0.0.202

HP Recommended

@allenm28

Please ensure you have installed MS hotfix from link I proved above. Also in case still issue persists with updated drivers, try installing older driver from here for your Notebook

@barnabas90

Your Notebook should either go with a Intel/Broadcom wireless card and both are compatible with HP Wifi Mouse. In order to check this info, kindly check wireless card info under Network adapters in Device Manager.

Probably, the support document might help you a bit in connecting the mouse

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03077076

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

`Downloaded the hotfix but still getting SoftAP is not available at end of installation process.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit;  ASUS Notebook K52JK, Network adapter Atheros AR9285, version 9.2.0.427

HP Recommended

My situations appears to be resolved.  The mouse reconnected evey time I either shout down the laptop or used sleep or hibernation.  It appears that the Hotfix did the trick.  I will continue to monitor exchanges and report back if any issues arise.

HP Recommended

@allenm28

Your reply would be very helpful because not many are aware about solution which I have posted. I have tested hotfix on few units but unable to check it for a longer amount of time.

@kendp32

Please read my post below

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/SoftAP/m-p/1097745#M22457

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

@kamat, i'll get intel's mouse tomorrow, thanks for the help kamat

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, but I had already read that post many times looking for a solution to my problem.

I tried the bit about SoftAp and because of the response I got I installed the hotfix.  I have the Atheros driver, AR9285, 9.2.0.47,  are you saying that is the problem?  In your post it says there are instances where mouse does not reconnect after a restart.  But in my case it never connected.   As soon as I finished the installation process on the disc I got the SoftAP is not available error notice.  

Is there something else you want me to read in the previous post?

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, I did not have an installation problem, just a reconnect problem after sleep or hibernation.  The clean install always worked properly.

HP Recommended

@kendp32  

Uninstall Microsoft Virtual wifi adapter in Device Manager and restart the computer so that softAP module is enabled during mouse installation. Also check if mouse can be configured on older version of Atheros drivers if new ones does not work.

@allenm28

Yes, I totally recollect your situation. I did read your post few months back over here and did not respond thinking its a one-off issue but at a later stage realized that its a major issue and started to figure out a solution.

I am an HP employee!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.