Question

Student
gstmorse
Message 1 of 8 (4,401 Views)

The wlan on my computer is not working

A week ago the wlan on my computer stoped working. I rebooted the computer, but still the indecator light stayed orange instead of blue.  No matter what I try I can not get the connection to show up in my settings.
Student
d_j_m_o
Message 2 of 8 (4,371 Views)

Re: The wlan on my computer is not working

I have the same problem. I did what I was told (via support chat/email and online reading) and still nothing worked.

It first started with detecting my wireless router then after an hour or so it won't be able to detect it anymore until it completely tells me "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured". At first I though there was something wrong with my router but after configuring things and after the Windows diagnosed the problem, it came to me that it was my laptop that was the issue.  I do not understand why it was working perfectly just a week ago then it goes dead the next.

I have seen quite a few HP users with similar problems! Try googling it - theres quite a few threads! I would have expected HP to have had a solution to this because it is not an isolated situation!

I hope HP can resolve this issue! Its just so disappointing really. 

Honor Student
rooce
Message 3 of 8 (4,350 Views)

What kind od answers have you gotten from HP.  I have read on other sites that the problem is in the mother board.  Has anyone gotten theirs fixed?  Rooce
Student
BrentM
Message 4 of 8 (4,322 Views)

I've also got the orange light of wireless death.  Still no ideas?
Student
kccarlson7
Message 5 of 8 (3,451 Views)

If anyone knows how to get the wireless light to turn back to blue, please e-mail me.  It just stopped working one day.  I've tried several things to no avail.  I'm wishing I bought an Apple instead of another HP
Student
I_gotz_problemz
Message 6 of 8 (3,383 Views)

OK...I am not alone.  No solutions to offer you good people...just a common problem which means the profiteers at HP and MSFT will work this one and it likely will be patched or some other fix will come out relatively soon.  My case...nearly 3 year old and well reliable Pavilion dv2310us notebook standard config.  First WLAN failure a week ago Friday night.  System cannot locate any wireless networks.  I downloaded anew the Broadcom WLAN driver, reinstalled, and was fixed for a couple days.  Now it's down again and reinstalling drivers not working.  Common thread?  Both failures followed windows updates, system shut downs, and the subsequent reboot.  Yo profiteers...patch this up please.  I gotz wormz.
Honor Student
kaufam7
Message 7 of 8 (3,364 Views)

I got my WLAN to work!  Look in the Device Manger and see if there are any devices related to networks

(ie.  Network Controller, Network Adapter, etc.) that have a yellow question mark next to them.  If so, you

will have to connect to the Internet temporarily by some other means.  Your local library should be able to

hook you up to a hardline Ethernet connection if your computer is so equipped, or you could use a wireless

USB adapter, or (God forbid) a dial-up connection.  Once you are able to connect to the Internet, double-click

on the problem device in the Device Manager, and then click on Reinstall Driver.  The Add New Hardware

Wizard will come up and search for the missing driver on the Internet and install it.

The orange wireless light on your computer should instantly change to blue again, and you can begin using

your normal wireless connection.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Student
Drugged_Monkeys
Message 8 of 8 (1,583 Views)

Thanks this totally worked for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation