Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can not turn on my wireless

HP Recommended

Hi josewcapos,

I understand that you are having issues with turning the wireless on. I would like to assist you with getting a resolution, but first I do need a bit more information.

What is the full model number to your D7 notebook?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What version of Windows are you currently running?

Which Windows operating system am I running?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Accessed my HP DV7 6135 WIMax application using CLEAR to see if I could connect. Wasn't able , but now find my WiFi disabled and HP Connection Manager not responding to my request to enable. (WiMax Connection Utility will not allow me to switch it Off and Wi FI Connection Manager On/Off button is showing Not Connected or Off).

Did I download a bug when I attenpted to register and connect using CLEAR?. I disabled adaptor and restored, but no success. Gonna try a Restore next , but in case that fails wondered if anyone had other ideas.

HP Recommended
By the way..I powercycled router as well
HP Recommended

Hi jklntx:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I hope you had a good weekend.

I understand that you have an issue with the wi fi.

I would uninstall the hp connection manager.

Download and install an updated version if there is one.

Run the connection manager.

Restart your computer .

This seems to have resolved it for the previous posters.

I am sending you a link to "Wireless Networking" click here..

Please refer to section on "Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)"

I hope this helps.

If you require further assistance please reply back.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Download (the install package might already be on computer so search for it under start menu) and install "Connection Manager" from HP. Turn on Wifi. Change settings the "start wifi when Connection Manager starts" and turn OFF "disable wifi when Connection Manager is exited".

Reboot.

Done.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Wireless Connection Manager is more HP crapware larded onto Windows.  With HP you get the worst load of this crap in the industry, so until it's uninstalled or the OS is Clean Reinstalled you'll never even experience native Windows 7 perfect performance and Vista is made even more of a dog. 

To remedy this uninstall HP Con Manager in Control Panel Programs and Features, touch the wireless button to turn it on, connect through the actual Win7 connection manager in bottom right System tray.   If ever there are issues to find out exactly why rightclick the SysTray Connection icon to Troubleshoot.

Clean Up Factory Bloatware

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.