03-08-2011 11:11 PM
I have bought a new HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook. I am unable to see any bluetooth options on this notebook. Does the DV6 come equipped with bluetooth hardware ? Please help me in this regard. It has core i5 processor and pre installed windows 7 home premium.
This question was solved. View Solution.
03-09-2011 06:12 AM - edited 03-09-2011 06:12 AM
Most HP models come with different configurations. This means it may or may not come with a bluetooth device.
Here is how you can check:
1. Make sure you have the HP Wireless Assistant Installed.
2. If you see that application, click on it and see if a bluetooth device is listed and turned on. If it is listed and turned off, then just click the "Turn on" button.
3. Now go to your control panel>system and security>click on system.click on device manager. Toward the top of the list of devices you should see a bluetooth icon if you have a bluetooth device installed.
If it is not present in the device manager and not present in the wireless assistant, there is one last place to look. Some folks would tell you to look there first, but if you are not familiar with navigating around the BIOS, it is best you stay out of it.
4. Restart your PC and go into the system setup program (BIOS) by striking the F10 key at the HP splash screen. Go into your device configurations menu and see if there is a bluetooth device listed. If it is, make sure it is enabled. If it is not listed in your BIOS, you do not have a bluetooth device in your particular notebook. The part number listed on the bottom of the notebook is what determines what that particular DV6 notebook comes configured with.
04-05-2011 05:49 AM - edited 04-05-2011 06:29 AM
I have posted the link to the service manual for the dv6 series. It does appear you can add a bluetooth module.
You would need to order the module, the cable, and the tiny screw that secures the module to the top cover. You may want to take the notebook apart to see exactly what you need. Maybe the cable is already there. It doesn't look all that difficult to install the module. You may have to get the screw from a computer supply store. I recommend you do an internet search by the part numbers you need to see if you can get these parts cheaper elsewhere than from HP.
See Chapter 3, Pages 19-20 for the location of the components. They are labeled and part numbers are provided on page 31 of the same chapter.
See Chapter 4, page 79 for the installation procedures.
Before diving in, please make sure you read the preliminary information regarding working inside the notebook found at the beginning of Chapter 4, such as removing the battery and A/C power before taking the notebook apart.
11-17-2012 05:00 PM - edited 11-17-2012 05:08 PM
i have the same problem with my hp pavilion dv6 windows 7 64bit , it has bluetooth bt i cant on/off it , i cant even see in my application bt i can find it by using restart method using f10 key...!!!! i thing i missed software when i restore my laptop softwares in hp repair centre,i can use wifi, plz help me to download it again....thnx
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)