Question

Tutor
MachineMessiah
Message 1 of 5 (38,686 Views)
Accepted Solution

Uninstaling "HP Wireless Assistant", any cons?

Hi guys;

I recently bought an HP Pavilion tx2635us; I decided to remove (either uninstalling or disabling) most of the startup programs, but now I'm wondering if its safe to uninstal the "HP Wireless Assistant", since as far as I know, it is only a "user friendly" interface to set up the WiFi or Bluetooth devices, wich you can get to work via Windows.

So, the question is: is it safe to remove the HP Wireless Assistant or it is indeed needed for the devices to work properly?.

Thank you very much in advance.
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (38,666 Views)

Re: Uninstaling "HP Wireless Assistant", any cons?

Not really. It is just as simple to disable it from within MSCONFIG.  You can reinstall it later.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
PDoragh
Message 3 of 5 (38,656 Views)

The Wireless Assistant does not aid in the setting up or use any wireless connections, it main purpose is telling the user how many wireless devices are on the notebook and if they are off, the reason they are off.  If that functionality is not useful to you, then yes uninstall the utility with no consequences.
Tutor
MachineMessiah
Message 4 of 5 (38,586 Views)

Thanks both of you, the answers are equal helpful; right now I disabled the "HP Wireless Assistant" via MsConfig, and, obviously, the TabletPC starts a little bit faster without "losing" any capability or feature in the wireless device.

Thanks!.

Student
faiztoor001
Message 5 of 5 (21,271 Views)

Re: "HP Wireless Assistant", any cons?

hi guys, i need a help of u because i have very serious problem that my hp paviion g series laptop not attaining the wifi......please help me....

i' thank ful to u

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation