01-27-2009 06:49 PM
I recently bought an HP Pavilion tx2635us; I decided to remove (either uninstalling or disabling) most of the startup programs, but now I'm wondering if its safe to uninstal the "HP Wireless Assistant", since as far as I know, it is only a "user friendly" interface to set up the WiFi or Bluetooth devices, wich you can get to work via Windows.
So, the question is: is it safe to remove the HP Wireless Assistant or it is indeed needed for the devices to work properly?.
Thank you very much in advance.
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-31-2009 01:46 AM
2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
01-31-2009 05:54 AM
01-31-2009 06:28 PM
Thanks both of you, the answers are equal helpful; right now I disabled the "HP Wireless Assistant" via MsConfig, and, obviously, the TabletPC starts a little bit faster without "losing" any capability or feature in the wireless device.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)