Question

Honor Student
arelysc
Message 1 of 21 (80,213 Views)
Accepted Solution

WLAN Disabled, how to Enable it?

[ Edited ]

Hello!

So, yesterday my wireless was working absolutely fine but then my younger sister got on and I believe she touched something and well ultimately, now, my WLAN is disabled.

I did the "f-10" thing, but i couldn't find the built-in option to click,

and when i try to open networks and connect to the wi-fi it doesn't want to find the connection or anything.

I've read around and nothing is working.

Can anyone help me...please?

Thanks in advance!

product info:

I have a HP G60- 630US Notebook

Windows 7, Intel Pentium .

serial number : {Removed for privacy}

product number: WA573UA#ABA

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 21 (80,208 Views)

Re: WLAN Disabled, how to Enable it?

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 21 (80,206 Views)

g60.png

If the led is amber then the wireless adapter has been turned off..use the switch in the previous image to turn it on.

g60a.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
arelysc
Message 4 of 21 (80,203 Views)

erico wrote:

g60.png

If the led is amber then the wireless adapter has been turned off..use the switch in the previous image to turn it on.

g60a.png

Yeah, my button doesn't change color , but yesterday it was orange but it still worked.

I believe it works...but the color doesn't change.

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 21 (80,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

You said that it was disabled in a previous post..

If it won't change to blue  that usually means that the driver needs to be reinstalled. This is something that can be done from within the recovery manager. No need to download anything.

Press the start button on your notebook when it is off and then tap the Esc key. In the start menu that appears choose Recovery.  When you are already booted into Windows an alternative is to select HP from All programs and then select recovery manager  

recovman1.PNG

recovman2.PNG

select the wireless adapter driver and then click on next.

recovman3.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
arelysc
Message 6 of 21 (80,129 Views)

THAAANKKK YOUUUU ! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
lochieng76
Message 7 of 21 (72,003 Views)

Manjunath, thanks a lot!!!! It worked for me.

Student
Rugreno
Message 8 of 21 (71,546 Views)

I searhed many forums with no avail. I stumbled on a fix accidently. Don't know why no computer wiz was able to find this fix but here it is:

I have an HP running windows vista. 

1. Click start and in the searhc bar type- HP Wireless assisant

2. The HP wireless assisant pop box will appear- it will display installed wireless devices and under status it should say disbaled, under action it should be empty

3. Click on properties and check all the boxes, click apply 

4. Now you will find an option to turn on the wireless LAN- click it on 

The status will go from disabled to "ON"

That's all. You now have connection to your WIFI 

Student
anniehchris
Message 9 of 21 (68,684 Views)

Hi HP expert, thank you very much. I resolved the problem without getting any professional help or service, which would have costed me much. Thanks. It would help several others like me.

Student
Excachaco
Message 10 of 21 (64,861 Views)

No solution yet for me. Pavilion DV9005. Installed retail Win 8 over Win XP in C and it works. Light in front is blue with button to the right and I have Internet access thru my FIOS router.

Soon after I found legacy problems, so after a long re-installation process I was able to set XP (including SP3) on D and now I can boot up to either one, but no WLAN on XP. Icon in bottom right shows the red X and the light in front does not change from amber, with the button either to the left or to the right.

When booting to XP, a shortly disappearing message shows and says that Wireless Assistant is disabled. Right clicking on the icon opens Wireless Assistant with indication that it's Disabled and suggests to use Device Manager to enable it, but I don't find any indication on how to do it or any WA in the list of devices.

Device Manager is showing all 13 items in Other Devices with the yellow question mark, so it seems that they have not been properly installed. I could uninstall each one of them in the hope that at the next reboot, they will get corrected, but would like to read about some other suggestions. Also, since this is dual boot system, I don't want to use the Recovery Discs.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation