WLAN disabled (windows 7) (2209 Views)
Honor Student
tiggerbel
Message 1 of 5 (2,209 Views)

WLAN disabled (windows 7)

Hey all... A little help please as i am getting totally frustrated!

Had my laptop for about 2 months (so under warrantee still thankfully!) have a prepaid wireless usb internet connection (vodafone/crazy johns).

The network conection and internet was fine until about two weeks ago. Now it comes up with WLAN disabled. This can't be 'enabled' in the HP assistant as it is greyed out... Some times it can work if I re-boot but that doesn't always work and if/when it does then the connection only lasts a short time anyway.

It's really p***ing me off! I paid good moeny for the freaking laptop.

Any solutions? Is this a windows & issue or a HP issue??

I don't have the model number of the lappy as i am at work atm - well have to be to get a freraking internet connection to be able to ask the question anyway...

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 5 (2,199 Views)

Re: WLAN disabled (windows 7)

Hi,

Let us know right away once you got the model number to better assist you. Start by verifying that you have the wireless "switch" enabled. Look for an icon that looks like a tower with signals on the side anywhere on top of the keyboard or on the F12 key. If its red, press it once. This light should be white. Now try connecting to your network and internet.

Honor Student
tiggerbel
Message 3 of 5 (2,197 Views)

It was weird that I have had no problems for two months and then one day it just came up with the "WLAN disabled" message in the HP assistant.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 4 of 5 (2,193 Views)

Most people tend to accidentally disabled it because of the location of the switch or it being switched off with a browse of your fingertips without you knowing. Let us know how it goes.

Student
St0rMiE
Message 5 of 5 (1,167 Views)

Okay... I've read the answers below and I have clicked on my WLAN button and its STILL red!

I now have to "hardline" my laptop into a modem so I can use my internet, which defeats the purpose of a laptop!

G56 Notebook PC is the model.

If anyone can tell me what to do, I`d appreciate it! 

:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation