HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-07-2009 01:30 AM
I have just recently purchased hp hdx 16-1354ca a month ago and like one week back i had the blue screen error and then my computer wouldn't get past the loading screen. After several reboots, it started working again. Then like 3 daya later, Vista logged me in on a temp profile and i had to like go into safe mode and delete the profile in regedit and so on and so on. Now the next week, i go out and come back to open my computer and find the blue screen again. So again after several restarts it worked and again i was on a temp profile so i deleted it in regedit again and now my wireless is no longer detected. I can't find wireless in device manager and in hp wireless assitant it doesn't even appear at all. Please help me fix my wireless!! It is basically the whole point of having a computer for me.
HP HDX X16-1354CA Premium Notebook PC
Running Windows Vista Home Edition 64 Bit
1 Month Old
Not Shown in Device Manager(Not even in hidden)
Was disabled in BIOS and i tried to enable it and it still didn't work
Already tried restarting like 6 or 7 times
Didn't do any recent driver updates before the problem
Tried downloaded and installing the driver of this website
Driver I Installed after problem: Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista Version 8.20
Is the wireless card faulty or something. Do i need to take it make to futureshop for repair?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-07-2009 01:31 AM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.