Question

Honor Student
idestination
Message 1 of 5 (3,736 Views)

WPA2-PSK PROBLEM CANNOT CONNECT ??

[ Edited ]

Hi , 

I bought a new computer : HP ENVY DV6 7291 SF (WINDOWS 8) with a network card : Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi adapter and i have a problem i can't connect to the Wifi of my dormitory, when i try the message : 'Unable to connect to this network' . First i thought i did a mistake when typing the password but no, i tried several times no sucess . But i can connect every other network , the problem it is just the dormitory network. It has : WPA2-PSK (AES)     802.11 n .

But in my computer parameters there is no WPA2-PSK. I think the problem come from the compatibility of windows 8 because i had before a computer with windows 7 and it could connect everywhere even the dormitory network . 

Any solutions please ? 

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 5 (3,689 Views)

Re: WPA2-PSK PROBLEM CANNOT CONNECT ??

Do you have comcast ?

Honor Student
idestination
Message 3 of 5 (3,678 Views)

No , i don't have Comcast 

Student
brewerjn
Message 4 of 5 (3,599 Views)

Was there ever any resolution for this question? I've got an evaluation Envy x2 and can't connect to the WPA2-PSK at work (no problem with an ElitePad 900 on Windows 8).

Intern
thunderbird345
Message 5 of 5 (3,484 Views)

I'll take a shot at this.......I have a hard time connecting as well with WPA2-PSK

Double click your signal icon on the bottom right. Right click on the network name and select "forget this network".

Then go to Control Panel networking and click on set up a new connection.

Type in network name and then select WPA2, it should be an option in the drop down menu.

You need the security key and check the top box "Start this connection automatically"

Let me know...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation