Question

Honor Student
Relborg
Message 1 of 2 (3,742 Views)

What Bluetooth Driver to Download for HP Pavilion dv7-6051ei Entertainment Notebook PC?

Hi there,

The Subject pretty much says it all. I'm trying to find the bluetooth drivers for my notebook (Product no: LM502EA#ACQ running Windows 7 Professional 64bit) but on HPs site they list 3 possible ones, Namely:

• Intel PROSet Bluetooth Driver
  • Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth Adapter Driver
  • Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Software and Driver

Which one applies to me? My bluetooth is giving me problems and I thought re-installing the drivers might fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!:smileyhappy:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (3,730 Views)

Re: What Bluetooth Driver to Download for HP Pavilion dv7-6051ei Entertainment Notebook PC?

Hi:

You would use the driver that matches the name (model) of the wireless card installed in your PC.

For example, if you have a Broadcom wireless card, then use the Broadcom BT driver.

If you don't know what model wireless card you have in your PC, go to the Device Manager, click on the network adapters section and there you will find the name and model number of your wireless adapter.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation