Question

Top Student
ladyprincess56
Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)

Why am i still getting pop ups when i blocked them on my computer

I have a hp 2000-299wm notebook pc and i have all pop ups blocked. But i am still getting pop ups . Why? Can anbody help me out on this. I either use google chrome or internet explorer 9 and I am still getting pop ups. 

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)

Why am i still getting pop ups when i blocked them on my computer

[ Edited ]

I would recommend using the AdBlock extension for Google Chrome as I have had the most success out of it. It is better than AdBlock Plus (strange huh?).

As far as Internet Explorer, there is not much you can do as it does not allow extensions to be installed.

If you are still receiving pop ups after setting up AdBlock, then it is more than likely the web pages that you are visiting. Some websites embed a clear link that covers the entire web site and when you click on anything, it is opening up that link, causing the pop up. It's a tricky way of getting around Ad Blocking.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation