11-26-2012 01:34 PM
I have a hp 2000-299wm notebook pc and i have all pop ups blocked. But i am still getting pop ups . Why? Can anbody help me out on this. I either use google chrome or internet explorer 9 and I am still getting pop ups.
11-27-2012 01:50 PM - edited 11-27-2012 01:51 PM
I would recommend using the AdBlock extension for Google Chrome as I have had the most success out of it. It is better than AdBlock Plus (strange huh?).
As far as Internet Explorer, there is not much you can do as it does not allow extensions to be installed.
If you are still receiving pop ups after setting up AdBlock, then it is more than likely the web pages that you are visiting. Some websites embed a clear link that covers the entire web site and when you click on anything, it is opening up that link, causing the pop up. It's a tricky way of getting around Ad Blocking.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)