Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy X360 15- uooona
Windows 8.1

i have the hp envy x360 15" laptop with a i5-4210u processor. and qualcomm atheros  QCA9565 802.11 B/G/N NETWORK ADAPTER (as stated in the network and sharing center)

However on the back of my laptop it says the model is a qualcomm atheros QCWB335 ( NOT SURE WHY THESE ARE DIFFERENT)

since i brought the laptop i have had problems with the internet connection cutting off. to make my internet work on a daily basis i have to:

• disconnect and then connect to my router wirelessly (doesnt always work)
  • disable then enable the network adapter via the network and sharing center (usually works)
  • If all else fails i then have to turn my laptop off and back on again just to get the internet working.

Other ways i have tried to solve this problem include:

• I have used hp's network troubleshoot software, this doesnt work. 
  • I have changed the power management settings via device manager so that the computer cant turn the qualcomm atheros adapter off to save power. i have also done the same with the realtek family controller.
  • I have flushed the dns cache resolver via command promt
  • windows is up to date 
  • network adapter drivers are up to date
  • i have uninstalled and then installed the network adapter drivers

It definitley has nothing to do with my router or home setup as i have numerous other devices which work perfectly fine.

I am thinking that i have a faulty network adapter, so hp will have to replace it as i have had this issue since the first day i brought the laptop in october 2014, therefore i am still in warranty

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

many thanks

James 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jamescrux 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I understand you have issues with your network connections dropping.

You have tried various steps to resolve this but to no avail.

Here is a link to Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎.  I know you have tried some of the steps already  but it may help.

As you have had this issue since you purchased it, I suggest contacting HP support for assistance if the issue remains.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

First go to Device Manager, Network Adapters and double click the Qualcomm Wifi adapter. Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow computer to turn off device...". Next go to Control Panel, Power Options and it should have "Balanced" selected. To the right of "Balanced" click on "Change Plan Settings" then at the bottom of the page click on "Change advanced power settings" then click the "+" next to the "Wireless Adapter Settings" and the "+" next to "Power Saving Mode". Click the down arrow and select "Maximum Performance" for both items.

You should not have any more issues from your machine however I have read that some Netgear routers cause issues also.

Battery life may be a little less but that's part of it, but dropped connections are not.

HTH,

Rich

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.