Question
Wifi turning on and off & treble/bass indicator issues in HP Pavilion dv8t-1000 CTO
Replies (70)

Intern
jellowood
Message 21 of 71 (2,853 Views)

Re: Wifi turning on and off & treble/bass indicator issues in HP Pavilion dv8t-1000 CTO

I already have tried this driver several months ago and have installed thier latest bios release everytime it comes out but I will try and reinstall the audio driver again. My reimaging of it to factory worked for a whole day and now its back to POS status

Intern
jellowood
Message 22 of 71 (2,849 Views)

Re: Wifi turning on and off & treble/bass indicator issues in HP Pavilion dv8t-1000 CTO

Installed the audio driver and didn't help. Already have latest Bios listed on website dated from May. My connection dropped three times while typing this. Still a POS

Intern
jellowood
Message 23 of 71 (2,822 Views)

Reinstall the latest bios along with the latest audio driver and still drops.......... 

Top Student
chauncywicks
Message 24 of 71 (2,785 Views)

Sounds like the issue is not fixed..

Even though the topic has that dumb bigass green checkmark and that post highlighted in green. Well, it sounded good... it was worth a shot. I'm never buying a HP laptop again. This is ridiculous. :smileymad:

Student
10peanut
Message 25 of 71 (2,683 Views)

Student
sonnydkiid
Message 26 of 71 (2,648 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a dv7-3085dx running windows 7, 64 bit, i was having this problem about three or four days ago and i was trying everything from downloading the latest drivers, to installing bios, i even went to far as to try a system recovery (thinking it would help) the solutions were temporary. My initial problem was that my smart bar was un-responsive, touching it didn't do a thing, and then came the volume/wifi disconnect problems a couple of days later trying to turn up the volume would turn my wifi on and off, and now the icons won't light up, and the smart bar is still un-responsive. my only issue with this is everything was fine up until my computer started updating itself. I have not seen any solutions, and i am sad to say i am a little discouraged, but i know i won't be purchasing an HP product again for the simple fact that this is my 2nd computer (which is still under warranty need i remind you) and i'm having products within the year of purchase. I'm starting to think HP products are only built to work fine up until the warranty gets closer to expiration.

Tutor
SaMbA
Message 27 of 71 (2,621 Views)

Honor Student
khsikes
Message 28 of 71 (2,554 Views)

I am having the same problem. I purchased a DV8T- 1100 in Feb. I have been battling the WLAN, disabling itself since 9-24-10. HP keeps giving me different downloads to try.  They work for 1 to 2 days then when the  updates load the problem is back.    is there a real fix for this?

Honor Student
Rakhbir
Message 29 of 71 (2,341 Views)

This is ridiculous! And very frustrating.  HP has been very much unprofessional.  USELESS!  Please whoever can read this message, never every buy any HP Products as they don't take any responsibilities over their fault.  They just took over our money, very irresponsibly.

If any HP Person/Employee reading this, can you please take some responsibility and for humanity sake, reply to our posts???

Why does this problem exist?  Didn't you test the laptop before you release to public sale?  OK! Even if you come to know now, why can't you just provide us a solution?  Or be responsible like Apple or so, take back your product and give us something else.  We paid extra money to enjoy your product and now this is totally ridiculous. 

I have HP Pavilion DV8t-1100 and I even customise it to suit my needs, for which I paid about US$1900.  I could have bought TOSHIBA or APPLE.  Now, can you be responsible enough to let us know how to over come this problem?

Student
gordon24
Message 30 of 71 (2,309 Views)

Having the same problem as everyone else. Sent it in twice to be fixed come back still doing the same thing. HP will not return my phone calls. So i filed a complaint with the BBB. I see what happens with that. Never again will i buy hp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation