Question

Honor Student
Storm24
Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)

Wifi won't show up on list of available networks

I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop; I have never had a problem with the wifi before. I am trying to connect to my Sky Wifi at home but it does not appear in the list of available networks. There is no problem with the wifi as all other devices have been able to connect to it no problem and it has not reached the maximum number of devices.

I have tried to manually add the network but it still does not appear anywhere. I have also tried ringing Sky and they have been no help.

Someone please help!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

Re: Wifi won't show up on list of available networks

Are you able to see the Sky wifi SSID on other devices at home? (i.e. Android phones etc.)

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Storm24
Message 3 of 4 (259 Views)

Hi, yes I can

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)

Did the notebook's wifi stop working after a Microsoft or HP update?

If so, then consider using Windows system restore to choose and restore to a restore point dated before the update. 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation