Question

Top Student
ocinoglu
Message 1 of 10 (5,529 Views)

Win 8.1 wifi problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have Hp G6 2303st Win 8.1 64bit. After upgrate to win 8.1, I can't connect to my modem otomaticly. If i turn off laptop wireless then turn on, it connects. Update wi-fi adapter to latest driver(Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi  2013-04-27 , 5.0.25.0), it gone bad. Wi-fi did't work then i uninstall to previous. I tried other drivers in my computer manually driver update list, but no one worked. Anybody help/solved? 

Have a nice day..

PhD Student
IT_WinSec
Message 2 of 10 (5,516 Views)

Re: Win 8.1 wifi problem

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Thank you for posting in HP support forums!

I am sorry about the issue you experience.

I am afraid that final version of Windows 8.1 is still not available to the mass public and all users. Although it has gone to the final step (Release To Manufacturing - RTM), it is not yet available to companies or end users.

The only available version now is the Preview one, which is BETA version - beta versions are unfinished test version of products meant to be used by experts and professionals only - as somebody said -> BETA = Bugs Exist Try Anoter :smileyhappy:

Note, that although Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 are similar - they are also different in some ways. Officially, wi-fi driver for your computer that is Windows 8.1 supported does not yet exist.

Available drivers for final OS versions can be found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5351...

Best would be to get back to Windows 8 and wait until the end of October when Microsoft is going to release Windows 8.1 to everybody and after that try.

If you want you could give Windows 8.1 another try:

1. Make sure it is fully up-to-date (use Windows Update).

2. Remove your existing Wi-Fi driver (from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs, or from Device Manager as descibed here

3. Install the Windows 8 driver for your device - available from  here.

You could also give it a try by installing it in Compatibility mode - info here.

But conclusion is that Windows 8.1 is still not yet fully supported (by the majority of vendors).

*** Please click the white KUDOS star (on the left). This way you show appreciation for advice or help you received.  If your problem has been solved - click the appropriate button and accept the solution. ***

Best wishes,
IT_WinSec
Technical support engineer
HP employee. MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MTA, CT
I express my personal opinion, not of HP. www.hp.com/makeitmatter
Top Student
ocinoglu
Message 3 of 10 (5,498 Views)

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I tried Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 and also Ralink original driver but still not work. There is a another solution in this forum that using atheros driver which is in your link list. You mean that install this driver? Cos i am afraid of system down because of the continuously driver uninstall-reinstall processes.
Have nice day...
PhD Student
IT_WinSec
Message 4 of 10 (5,475 Views)

ocinoglu wrote:
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I tried Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 and also Ralink original driver but still not work. There is a another solution in this forum that using atheros driver which is in your link list. You mean that install this driver? Cos i am afraid of system down because of the continuously driver uninstall-reinstall processes.
Have nice day...

Hello,

Don't worry - your system won't slow down because of these operations.

Please, provide me the hardware ID(s) of your wireless adapter - these instructions and videos will help you:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-unknown-device-drivers-by-their-vendor-device-id/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWx7vEII-c

Best wishes,
IT_WinSec
Technical support engineer
HP employee. MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MTA, CT
I express my personal opinion, not of HP. www.hp.com/makeitmatter
Top Student
ocinoglu
Message 5 of 10 (5,441 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

My hardware ID(s) of wireless adapter results are:

1814 X 3290.jpg

1814 X 3290 second.jpg

Have a nice day..

Honor Student
cgdk
Message 6 of 10 (5,107 Views)

So it's now mid-november. Where's the fix?

I upgraded to Win 8.1 because I was being prompted (relentlessly) and now I'm in my 5th day of going round and round trying to fix it. I tried several of the fixes provided here and it's still not working.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 7 of 10 (4,996 Views)

Hi cgdk. What is the model number of your notebook?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
SionPF
Message 8 of 10 (4,598 Views)

Since the upgrade to windows 8.1 I have been having serious issues with the wireless network connection running very slowly and dropping out. This is very frustrating; the laptop is only a couple of months old but I am having to dig out to my (very old) Fujitsu Siemens Windows XP laptop which works better!

Product name: HP 655 Notebook PC

Product number: H5L22EA#ABU

Student
schemaddux
Message 9 of 10 (4,387 Views)

I need my laptop for school as all my courses and books are online but I am unable to access them (or the internet in general) since I upgraded to 8.1. I need this fixed like yesterday or I wont be able to do any schoolwork!
Student
HarisRiaz
Message 10 of 10 (1,025 Views)

hi,
i've hp 15-d017TU notebook, windows 8.1 64 bit. I've downloaded the driver for wifi, its sp66088, bt its not installing. I don't know what's the problem when i start download, the it just calculate the space and the pre setup window vanishes before the setup starts. So basically setup doesn't appear
somebody plz help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation