Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just installed Windows 10 on by laptop HP Pavilion dv7.  It seems to work okay but I cannot access the internet.  I made no changes to the computer prior to the download.  Now the laptop cannot connect to the internet...Help.  Any ideas.

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi

Try this : 

Go to DevieManager-->Network Adapters-->Right click on the wireless driver/adapter and select update. Restart the unit and check if this fixes your issue.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Same problem - no wifi after 7->10 upgrade.  Pavilion notebook dv7.  BIOs F.1B from 2012.  Intel Centrino N-1030 single-band wireless/blututh.  Have been talking with two levels of MSFT, who seem clueless, after long hours.

Restored to Win 7, which worked fine.  Back to Win 10, which, as after the first upgrade, still had no wifi.  Back to 7 again, which works fine.

I've asked this elsewhere here, as have others.  None of the solutions suggested work for me - except restoring Win 7, which is where I am now.  Expect another phone call from MSFT in two days.  "Frustrating" doesn't begin to describe it.

Help?

HP Recommended

Sorry I followed the instructions. Did all the updates.  Still no luck with wireless.  My laptop now will only work on cable.

HP Recommended

I WILL BE HERE A LONG TIME

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem - wifi worked fine on Windows 7, I upgraded to Windows 10, now I can only connect to the internet with an ethernet cable.  I don't know if it's a Windows 10 problem or an HP problem.  My drivers are all up to date, and every other device in the house gets wifi fine, just not my laptop.  HELP please!  I've spent 20-30 hours trying to find a solution to this nightmare.

HP Recommended
I have done all of that. My drivers are up to date. I guess I'll just have to keep it hooked up with the ether net cable until a fix/update is out there. And I did read up on the update. Apparently this is a fluke that was not foreseen.
HP Recommended

I've been fighting this problem the past week on my Pavilion dv7 with a Broadcom wireless adapter after upgrading to Windows 10 from Win 7.  

This morning I did the following.

1) Manually updated my Broadcom driver using SP57965.  

Restarted laptop.

2) Updated my Bios to F.OA (Aug 7, 2015)

My wireless is working again.

Hope this helps others

HP Recommended

How did you update the Bios?

HP Recommended

To update the bios I did the following:

Went to the HP site and clicked on SUPPORT   DRIVERS AND DOWNLOADS

I then let HP detect my laptop (best option as it will pull up your exact machine)

Once it finds your computer click on SOFTWARE AND DRIVER DOWNLOADS

Choose OPTION 2

Choose your OPERATING SYSTEM (I chose Win 7 as it was my OS before the upgrade) and then click on UPDATE

You will now see a list of drivers and software.  Click on BIOS and follow the instructions.  If it doesn't open automatically find it in your downloads and start it.  It will update your bios and restart your computer and hopefully you will have a restored wireless connection.

Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.