Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just power up my HP laptopn and it end up with the following message.

"Wireless Module not supported

The system has detected a wireless module installed in the system is not supported. System halted. Please remove device and restart.

WLAN Module ID (702)"

WLAN notification in amber and I cannot off it too. Specifications are as follows.

HP Pavilion g6

Windows 7

Intel Core i3

Please help me to sort it out. I'm stuck on this days. 😞

Shall I re-install the OS?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

@ManjunathTech wrote:

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

I tried that but no luck. Still the same.

@ManjunathTech wrote:

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

How can I do this? Syste halted after that message. Even by pressing F10 it's not posible to access BIOS. Please guide me 🙂

@ManjunathTech wrote:

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

I can give a try, but as the last option 🙂

Once again thanks a lot and waiting for your reply

HP Recommended

Hi

Can you provide me the Product number or the complete Model number for your unit will let you know how to reseat the Wireless card for your unit.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

These are the details I found.

Brand : HP Pavilion g6

Serial :[Personal Information Removed]

Product : QJ552EA#ABU

Mdel : g6 - 1260sa

If I have miss something please let me know. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

I have asame problem with my notebook 

product no. xa827ea#abv

model. g62-a13ee

sn.[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello hossam_misto,

I understand you're getting an error code of 702. I will be glad to assist you with trying to resolve this. The first thing I would like for you to follow is the post from the link below:

http://goo.gl/6vOhBy

If you're still having an issue after steps 1-5 provided in the link above I recommend reseating the wireless card. Instructions for removing the WLAN module starts on page 47 from the following link: http://goo.gl/ZD4pJ

Let me know if this works.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.