05-18-2012 05:13 PM
Intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN
I have used only ethernet cable to access the internet since I purchased laptop new. Now I need to use the laptop on the road, and need wifi service. Device manager says wireless adapter is installed, has latest drivers and is functioning correctly, Wireless Network Connection is enabled as says it is functioning correctly. With ethernet cable disconnected, Wireless Assistant is functioning correctly, current broadcom wireless LAN drivers are installed. Pushing the wifi button changes Wireless Assistant from wireless off to wireless on. Orange light for wifi button never turns blue, no networks can be found.
Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated,
This question was solved. View Solution.
05-18-2012 05:16 PM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
4) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
5) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
05-18-2012 07:29 PM
Success! Thank you for your very quick assistance. I tried your recommendations 1-3 without success, tried 4, but did not have Recovery Manager on my computer, although I subsequently downloaded it. I did not get to 5 yet, but I was comfortable going that far if needed. I had previously updated the drivers through HP's website without success. Using your suggestions and thought processes though, I tried other sources to get the required software. I eventually ended up at Intel's site, and used their Intel Driver Update Utility, which found a newer driver and software that wasn't available from HP. I downloaded and installed the new software, and the wifi worked immediately, as well as the light changing to blue.
I would not have found the solution without your assistance, and I am very grateful, not only for your recommendations, but for how quickly you responded. You were a life saver, thanks!
11-26-2013 10:47 PM
I have the HP Envy Spectre XT-13 2095 and I cannot get access to my wifi.
My wifi light remains amber and does not turn blue when I press it. I was able to fix it earlier by recovering windows but the problem occured again and this time the recovering did not help.
Please help me fix this problem!!!!
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)