Wireless Assistant stopped working (8934 Views)
Honor Student
mabrowse
Message 1 of 6 (8,934 Views)

Wireless Assistant stopped working

Recently the HP Wireless Assistant on my dv9408nr notebook stopped working so I can no longer find wireless networks.  Nothing happens whenever I try to open it either.   Could I have accidentally disabled?  How would I re-enable it given that it won't open.  I have even tried to uninstall and re-install the driver.
Honor Student
kohi
Message 2 of 6 (8,846 Views)

Re: Wireless Assistant stopped working

i've the same problem... did u find a solution ?
Honor Student
mabrowse
Message 3 of 6 (8,841 Views)

Not really.  It suddenly started working a few days ago and just as suddenly stopped working today.  Because my wireless card has also disappeared from my device manager, I assume the 2 events are related.  I'd guess that the internal wireless card has somehow become loose or faulty.
Honor Student
thayne88
Message 4 of 6 (6,944 Views)

Were you able to find any solution to the issue?  I am having the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv9000.

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 6 (6,918 Views)

@mabrowse

Check if your model is on the list of those known as prone to hardware problems  HERE  HP had put into place an Extended Warranty on the models on the list, but  only good for 24 months,as in 12 months after 1 yr warranty expired.

The steps recommended to try first in that article are getting BIOS version F.3D and latest Broadcom driver from your models page HERE

Good luck!

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
patrickpdglass
Message 6 of 6 (2,260 Views)

even when i get to down load and working it last about a hour anyshut down and its over not sure i but hp again if they cant patch this i think they dont care about owners is there a patch and why is not avalible

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation