Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Windows 7

I bought the laptop brand new and has worked fine for me the past couple days. Clicked over to another page and says Unable to Connect to the Internet. I troubleshoot to see what the problem is and says 'Wireless capability is turned off'. Tells me to find the funciton keys or wifi button, but as far as I can see I do not see either of them. I checked my wireless networks and they're supposed to automatically connect, so turning on the wifi on the laptop seems to be the only problem, but it seems I cannot find it. How do I turn it back on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I had no idea f12 was the wireless icon, held it down and worked, thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi there

Welcome to HP forums!

It's often a key combo, like Fn+F2. One of the keys along the top will have a wireless icon.

Some notebook have the wireless icon on the F12 key. If you press down on that you should be able to turn the wireless function on.

Also, as I mentioned above some notebooks you will need press the Fn key, Just to the left of the spacebar and at the same time, whichever Function key has the wireless icon on it.

Also provide me with the full model name of your notebook, I could provide you with the manual.

I suggest you go through these two useful HP documents and troubleshoot Wi-Fi issue in the mean time:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01884605

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02543015

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
I had no idea f12 was the wireless icon, held it down and worked, thank you.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, glad it worked for you 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.