Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

thanks for the heads up but this is the 'older' hotkey fix - someone mentioned that a newer one had been released last week but i can't find it which means i can't solve the issue yet

HP Recommended

Hi UniProg

I just wanted to get back to you and say I have tried the troubleshooting steps using Recovery Manager and these don't work, so I still DON'T have wifi capability on my DM4-3002sa. There was mention of a 'new' hot key fix for the driver put out by HP but all I can find is the one that has been available for my model for a few months and that doesn't fix the issue.

Do you or anyone else have experience of contacting HP directly to get issues solved because this is truly frustrating and seems to have been a result of the recent BIOS update - before that my laptop worked absolutely fine. I mean basicvally I'm left with a product that doesn't do what it should what appears to be the fault of the manufacturer, so I'm not best pleased and probably won't ever be considering purchasing from HP again if this continues much longer.

Anyway, any advice on a fix gratefully received but I've kind of given up expecting a fix unless I do a complete factory reset?

Thanks

Locokid67

HP Recommended

Hi Locokid67,

Have you tried to roll back the BIOS to the one previous one, to test your theory?  Please let me know if it works.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I'm here to revitalize this thread.

I am having the same issues as a few others.

I have a Pavilion dm4t-3000 (Beats Edition)

Product Number: QA703AV

Windows 8

My wifi light is constantly white (on), but the wifi does not work. It is also greyed out when I try to turn it on. I was able to get some Intel PROset wireless network utility, and it said my radio was off. I have not been able to get it corrected.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking-e-g-Windows-8/Consumer-Notebooks-and-...

I have been following the above sticky, and I made it through the first two steps. I installed the BIOS, the appropraite "unknown device" was present, and I successfully installed the the "HP Wireless button driver."

The third requirement: Installing the appropriate wireless driver is the roadblock.
 I have the "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 802.11 bgn"

This requires the "SP59925" download which is listed as "not yet available"

I have gone to Intel's website to see if they have an updated driver, but they are PROset drivers, and I do not believe they are exactly the same. I have downloaded them the other day before I updated the BIOS and everything so I shall attempt to downlaod them again.

Is there any hope for my wifi to be working soon or am I at the mercy of waiting for SP59925 to become available?

Thank You,

Evan

HP Recommended

I ended up doing a system refresh (Windows 😎 and that fixed the issue though I then had to reload software for programs that were deleted in the process. I have to say that I am NOT downloading ANY updates from HP as it was the recent BIOS update that caused this problem in the first place for me.

Also have to say that I am not pruchasing from HP again in the future as they've done very little to resolve this issue as far as I'm concerned - one lost customer . . .

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm back.

I never got the wireless button to light.  I ran a ProSet diagnostic that told me that my radio was turned off.  Somewhere i did a right click on something and saw "turn on radio".  I did that.  Since then I have wireless even though the wireless button is not lit.  I don't remember where I saw "turn on radio".  I think that once you do you no longer have the option to turn it off.  I've looked for it so that I could post where I found it.

HP Recommended

@mluna20 wrote:

Hi, I'm back.

I never got the wireless button to light.  I ran a ProSet diagnostic that told me that my radio was turned off.  Somewhere i did a right click on something and saw "turn on radio".  I did that.  Since then I have wireless even though the wireless button is not lit.  I don't remember where I saw "turn on radio".  I think that once you do you no longer have the option to turn it off.  I've looked for it so that I could post where I found it.

I also used that PROset, and it detected that my radio was off. For some reason I cannot get that PROset back, and run it again or see if it could help me any more. But I have been searching high and low for a way to turn my radio on. without any success. If you could remember how you did that, it would be greatly appreceiated otherwise it looks like I might reinstall Windows 8 or maybe go back to 7 due to all the problems I ahve had with 8.

Thanks

HP Recommended

That's the problem.  I figured if I could find where I could turn radio off that would be it.  Haven't been able to find that.  I think once you turn it on you can't turn it off.

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi. My wireless network key (F12) after upgrading the BIOS from 15.3.2013 also not working. After you download driver wireless button toggle flight mode only, when I turned on WIFI and bluetooth settings, so I'm not sure it works with the red light button, but when I start the pc a couple of times I had to push to start button does not respond. It's not an ideal situation. File recovery with backup of Windows 7 in Windows 8 does not work. ( hp pavilion m6-1030ec )

HP Recommended

Hello Kapuccino,

Your wireless button is not working after updating your BIOS.

Go back to a previous version of BIOS and see if the problem is corrected.

Here is a link to previous versions.

Let me know how everything goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.