Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there

HP Support Assistant ran a BIOS update this morning and ever since I installed the update the wifi capability of my Pavilion dm4 3002sa (running Windows 8 fine since November 2012) has been compromised.

Basically, the wifi button stopped working and windows can't find any wireless device built in!?

I have updated all relevant drivers including the supposed HP 'fix' for the F12 button but now the F12 wifi button toggles Airplane Mode on and off only.  I can't turn the wirless device on through PC Settings as the little toggle icon there is greyed out so won't allow me to do anything with it. I have gone into BIOS settings and set them all to default but still the same issue.

Can anyone advise on a solution - I am due to travel for work on Monday so it would be great to get this fixed otherwise i take I will be taking a laptop away alongside an ethernet cable!! Is this simply a bad driver issue that HP will sort quickly?

73 REPLIES 73
HP Recommended

Hello! Just had the same problem and I seem to have found a solution. I turned off the laptop, removed the battery and unplugged the power. I then pressed the power button for 30 seconds and the put the battery back in and plugged in the power.

HP Recommended
Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that and it doesn't work for me unfortunately! Anyone else? Or should I go direct to HP for an answer? Thanks.
HP Recommended

HelloLocokid67,

Take a look at this document, which provides troubleshooting steps to use Recovery Manager to restore your software and drivers.

Please do this and let me know if it helps resolve your issue.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

HP sent out a hotkeys driver update yesterday which probably addresses the issue.

HP Recommended

That is great news ItsmeKT!  We're just waiting to hear back from Locokid67 to see if it helps resolve his issue.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
I can't test this until next week as I'm away for work and had to leave said laptop at home cos the wireless didn't work 😉 but I'm keeping fingers crossed the update works. Sure someone else will get this before me.
HP Recommended

Awesome!  Thanks for the update, Locokid!

Signature
HP Recommended

Where can I get the hot fix.  I've been struggling with thie problem since I did a fimrware upgrde.  Did a firmware downgrade and that did not fix the problem.

Marki

HP Recommended

Hi Marki,

What is your product number and operating system?

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.