Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

DM4-3170SE

HP Recommended

OS?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Have to wait until i get home to look at that.  FWIW, the model is HP Pavilion dm4-3170se Beats Edition Entertainment Notebook PC and the OS is Windows 8.  Looked at the driver update page and I don't see this hot fix.

HP Recommended

Hi Marki,

I don't see it on your driver section either, so the hotfix ItsmeKT mentioned, must be specific to his notebook.  I do see where the BIOS on your notebook was updated March 1st.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Odd, now the button does not light, i.e., neither organge nor blue, however wireless now works.

I think the problme started wth the recent BIOS updgrade.

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your update about your results after the BIOS update.

Signature
HP Recommended

Greetings!

My HP Pavilion dm4t-3000 (Beats Edition) did an update this morning and since then I'm having the same problem. I had re-intalled a few network drivers. I tried disconnecting it from power supply and battery (and then pressing the power button for 30 seconds) and the first time nothing happened, then I tried it a second time (after installing drivers), and the wireless seemed to come back. I restar the computer and it dissapeared again, so I tried the 30 seconds trick again and it worked. I believe this will continue like that, that's why I would also like to search for a solution. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely, Jen

HP Recommended

Anyone got a link to the hotkey update for the dm4 mentioned earlier in this chain? i cant find it by running Support Assistant or searching on HP website?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Loco!

On my computer I found it under the hidden icons, but it didn't help me out. I got the same result as yours that online the airplane mode turns on/off. I powered on my computer this morning at the wireless is working, I'll see again after I put it to hibernate. I turn it off and I get the battery out, unplug it from power supply and press the on button for 30 seconds from time to time and it works at that moment, whenever I restart it, etc the wireless problem gets back.

Now when I try to oppen the HP support assistant it freezes (when I have the wireless working). 😞

Sincerely, Jen

HP Recommended

Oh! And I don't know the link but I downloaded the .exe for the button driver. I can send it to you if you want (just in case I have the Pavilion dm4t 3000 Beats edition); or maybe you can search for it as sp59835. ;D

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.