Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, when I went back to the previous version of the BIOS, so wifi button works as it should, but I ask ... What is the upgrade when he has mistakes?

HP Recommended

FWIW, I now use a USB network adapter.  Much improved. 

HP Recommended

Kapuccino, 

There was a new version of the BIOS released today. More than likely that issue slipped by in the last update and hopefully was addressed in this one. 

If you want to try updating the BIOS to the most recent version, you can download it here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119766-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

If you do update, please report back to me and let me know if that issue was resolved or not. I don't have that model to test it on, but knowing that it was resolved in this update would be helpful in case I run across anyone else having this issue. If it is not, I will try to bring it up with our engineers the next time I have a chance to speak with them. 

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

O.K. It probably works fine. I'm at home I connect my LAN, it is still faster, but elsewhere the wifi. Then the question is, if from a USB stick out the same tentacle in the form of tv adapter, wifi adapter, flash, mouse, so why bring it all with, when it is integrated in the laptop ...)

HP Recommended

BIOS F.34 - Fixes an issue which causes an audible sound to occur when the system is connected to a DC power source when the battery capacity is low.  So I don't know if there is a repair button (f12). Maybe someday I'll try the BIOS to install, I'll let know. Thanks

HP Recommended

They don't always list all of the fixes and enhancements. That was just the key one of this update. However I understand if you don't want to update it, since it seems everything is running fine now. If you do decide to do it, just let me know the results!

Have a great day,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi, so today I tried to install the BIOS update on purpose F.34 hp pavilion notebook m6-1030ec (win8/x 64) and a button for wifi (f12) does not work. After the start red LED, after the system has finished booting automatically lights up white LED and wifi now works. The button does not respond to touch, only wireless network settings when you switch to airplane mode the mouse correctly the LED changes color and wifi is shutting down. I also tried to reinstall network driver, but after a reboot, all the same. So I'm going back to Bios f. 30, that works. Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have the HP Pavilion dm4-3002sa Beats Edition Entertainment Notebook running on Windows 8.

I recently updated the BIOS to:

Released: 2013-02-07
File name: sp60639.exe [1/1, 4.75M]
Version:F.0C

and this caused my Wireless to stop working.  The Wifi button (F12) light on my keyboard is white but it shows up as Wifi [Off] in the left hand menu - pressing it does nothing. When I look at it in the settings menu the Wifi option is greyed out.

I've checked the device manager and it says that the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 " ...is working properly." and when I check for updates that "the driver software for you device is up to date."

In the Windows 8 "Action Centre" it said that I needed to download a Wireless key hotfix (sp59835.exe) which I did and like everyone else and all it has done is make my Wifi on/off key (F12) become a toggle Flight mode on/off key. In the actual PC settings (PC Settings -> Wireless -> Wireless Devices) the Wifi option is still greyed out.

I have tried rolling the BIOS back to this version:

Released: 2012-11-09 
File name: sp59555.exe [1/1, 4.75M]
Version: F.0B

(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111904-1&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en...)

but I am still experiencing the same problem :Crying:

Quoc

HP Recommended
Problem solved for my HP Pavilion dm4-3002sa!

I downgraded the BIOS back one more to this:

Release details
Released:2012-05-28
File name: sp57375.exe [1/1, 4.75M]
Version: F.0A
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

and it all works fine now. Wifi key (F12) seems to be back to normal and allows me to toggle the Wifi on/off. Wifi is no longer greyed out in the PC Settings (PC Settings -> Wireless -> Wireless Devices).

Never updating the BIOS ever again, even if newer ones become available.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.

I have some information for users using Windows 8 which may be helpful.  The wireless button works slightly differently within Windows 8 than it has in previous versions of Windows.  If the BIOS updates have not worked for you try the following.

1. From the Metro view type "wireless."
  2. You should then see "settings" on the right.  Select this and it will populate many wireless related items on the left side of the screen.
  3. Select "wireless" from this section.
  4. You should see a few options.  One being "Airplane mode" and the others being an on/off switch for bluetooth and/or wireless.  
  5. Ensure that both of these are turned on while airplane mode is off.
  6. Save changes and reboot.

Have a great day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.