Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Well i had this problem but i found out it was my bios because i was haveing BIOS problems so i restarted and it said it had reset all the BIOS settings and then it was fixed it was my CMOS. So make sure its your BIOS if the have this problem.
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion g6
Product number D1C03UA#ABL

BIOS version f.26

Only showing realtor family controller and Microsoft kernel debug in network adaptors
plz help donno what to do
HP Recommended

everything went well until I put the battery back in and the light went back to orange

HP Recommended

Hi

Can yoou please help me. My wifi button (F12) stays orange and when I push it it just does nothing. It used to go blue but it wont. Please help, would love to get internet back. My computer is a HP 1000 hewwelt packard. when i am installing the wifi driver cmd prompt block it and is not install. please, help me 

Thanks Joshu

HP Recommended
I have an HP probook 4430s and the wifi button led is orange and the wifi is not working. When I hit troubleshoot it says to plug in an ether net cable. My driver provider is Atheros please help
HP Recommended
Is there a solution
HP Recommended
This DID NOT work...tried several times!
HP Recommended

There are MANY good replies, you need to read through them, I have added a few here

---------------------------------

Honor Student
blaket81

Message 157 of 217(1,269 Views)
Re: Wireless button stays orange. Will not turn on.

Whenever a laptop does this at work there is something that fixes it guranteed everytime.  Install hp wireless assistant.  If you install that and run it, it will show you that wireless is disabled and you can click to turn it on.  If "turn all on" is grayed out hit the wireless button above the keyboard and then you will be able to click turn on.  It's almost like these hp laptops get to a state where the wireless button above the keyboard turns on the wireless card but does not enable it, or vice versa and only hp wireless assistant can fix it.  Please anyone let me know if this helped you, it

Honor Student
dan7178

Message 161 of 217(1,677 Views)
Re: Wireless button stays orange. Will not turn on.[ Edited ]

After trying everything I could think of, that did the trick, Thanks

HP Tech support just walked me through fixing this problem.

1. remove battery and unplug power supply

2. press and hold power on button for 30 seconds

3. leave battery out but plug power supply back in 

4. press power on button and then tap on the f10 key immediately (a number of times)

5. the bios setup menu appears

6. select reset defaults 

7. select save and exit

System boots and the wifi key turns from orange to blue

Tutor
Kalstras

Message 162 of 217(1,657 Views)
Re: Wireless button stays orange. Will not turn on.

I just reset the bios and it fixed that problem, only thing is, that switch was really handy on the front. Silly fiddly button. 

Anyhow

turn off > restart after completely stops say 15 secs (not really necessary but people seem to like doing it) > so yeah after it starts running start pressing you hotkey for the bios, some it's f8 some it's f10 when you enter the whole blue/red/black screen thing, go to bios > reset to defaults > save and exit > bob is your uncle (Voila in the King's English)

HP Recommended
This solution worked for me. Thank you. You are my lifesaver .
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.