Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello sir my device is HP pavilion dv6700
its wifi was not working and it shows when I am trying trouble shoot " the wireless capability is turn off "
Please help me from this problem....
Thank you sir
And my hard ware I'd is : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11008086&REV_61
HP Recommended

Same result Button turns orange after battery plugged

HP Recommended

Accepted SolutionIt works until I put battery back.

So I work

1  WITHOUT battery!

2 It also works fine WITHOUT AC powercord. No idea about the reason

HP Recommended

The answer is in there somwhere (replies) ,but I recall it involved holding the wi fi button down for 4 minutes when you first your computer on ,it didn't work the first time but it did the second time

HP Recommended
This also happened to my HP Pavilion g7. I purchased this new in 2012. I have had so many problems with this laptop. 1) the battery does not hold a charge...needs replacement. 2) the keyboard is all messed up, some letters and symbols do not work at all. 3) the screen hinges and brackets have loosened and fallen off. 4) charger cable does work...replaced already. 5) wireless button was not changing to blue. Followed the above referenced steps and problem solved! Time for a new laptop. Very dissapointed with the quality of this HP.
HP Recommended
Hello,
For a few days I've been having problems with my wireless button on my hp pavilion g6 laptop. It wants to stay orange and not light up white. At first just taking out the battery worked but now it's not. I tried a hard reset and that fixed it but not for long. I heard I could reset it back to default by using the f10 and f9 buttons but I do not have those buttons on my laptop at all.
I need help.
HP Recommended

no ideas

I work without battery
HP Pavilion dv9940er

HP Recommended

Hello..yar...TRY  these steps....

=> go to Device manager...

=> click on the Wifi Adapter and enable it...

HP Recommended

Please need  any supporter make any upgrade for BIOS with "wireless card allways on"!

I have big problems with others O.S. the wireless not turn on, only with suspend and wake pc.

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! I had the mother boartd replaced and thought I would have to take it back to  have the bios or drivers reconfigured.  this was much easier and worked great. Tank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.