Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my wireless button stopped working with the wireless light locked on orange after a HP system update (I don't know if this is related).

I went to the device manager, selected network adaptors and then clicked on Intel(R) Centrino ....  This was showing as diabled, so I clicked enable and it then worked.  Simples!!

HP Recommended

Thank you - you helped me very much - your advice fixed my problem.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! VERY EASY FIX! WORKED FOR ME!

HP Recommended

After my wife graciously cleaned my keyboard (with the computer on), the wireless button would no longer turn on or off. Not sure if there was a relationship, but... HP Wireless Assistant would only display the device as Disabled with no ability to re-activate it. 

Following the steps in the post fixed the problem. Thank  you.

HP Recommended

Wireless button stays orange. Will not turn on. if press it nothing is change ,how can i solve this problems with hp laptop:

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard ,model HP ProBook 4520s  

HP Recommended

Hey jato, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Have you upgraded to Windows 8 Pro by any chance? If not what version of Windows do you have? I also need to know which manufacturer made your wireless card. 

Open Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > What manufacturer's name is on the 802.11 line? Should be one of the following: Intel, Realtek, Atheros, Ralink, Broadcom. 

Let me know if you have any questions on those steps 🙂

HP Recommended

Realtek. but i also try with  Ralink no change is happened,please if you can help me. I said thanks for your time!! i waiting from soon

HP Recommended

Ok download and install the Realtek driver from the following link.

Realtek Wireless Driver version 2019.1.1203.2010

Once the installation has finished, test the wireless connection and let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

Another suggestion made earlier was reseating the card. Just open the bottom and unscrew the wireless card and lift it out of the slot wait a few seconds and put it back in and turn the notebook back on. 

HP Recommended

The tagged solution appears to be a dead link now, just takes me to the HP site.

I tried to update the BIOS, I updated HP programs, installed HP Connection Manager, uninstalled the wireless card from the device manager, and I think a couple other things.  (don't remember everything I did now.)

Finally, I uninstalled the HP Wireless Assistant.  The PC needed to reboot for changes to take effect.  I was frustrated, so I did a hard reset for the reboot.  One of those two is what fixed it for me.

Good luck to those who come next.

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing Jeramee!

The link you mentioned, I want to make sure if it isn't working, that I provide a working link. When you click on it does it take you to the www.hp.com homepage? or does it take you to a login page?

A screenshot, if you get a chance, would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.