Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks Gemsy! Your Broadcom wireless driver is up-to-date at 5.60.350.11. Your notebook has two BIOS versions available right now. You have the latest version, F.48, but I would like you to try rolling it back to the other available version, F.35. Download and install F.35. During the installation your computer will restart on its own. Allow it to restart and get back to the desktop. Then test out the button and let me know the results.

HP Recommended

@Tonyyoung When you get into BIOS take a look at the bottom where the F keys and their functions are listed. F9 = Set to Defaults. It's tricky because you don't really get any feedback, no progress bar or hourglass or anything like that. You just press F9 and the BIOS is set to defaults instantly. Then press F10 to save and exit. If you could get me the same information that Gemsy provided: model/product number, BIOS version, Wireless card brand name, Wireless card driver version, I could provide you with driver updates which could resolve the issue. 

Press the FN + ESC keys in Windows to bring up your product number and BIOS version. 

See Control Panel > Device Manager > Network adapters for your wireless card's manufacturer's name. 

Double click on the wireless card under Network adapters to open properties > Click the driver tab  to see the wireless card's driver version.

If you have any questions on that, please let me know.

HP Recommended

@Stratagem1000 If I could get your product number, BIOS version, wireless card brand name, and wireless driver version, I could provide driver updates. Have you already tried uninstalling the driver and restarting as I suggested at the top of page 5?

HP Recommended

I've done all that was suggested in this thread (except the HP Connection manager one) and I'm still getting the same issue.

The only thing different I have to report is before I tried reinstalling drivers, the button turned blue for just a second when I would re-enable through device manager.  After reinstalling drivers though... it no longer does this.

I've also swapped out the wireless card with another one of same brand and model but still nothing new.

Laptop is Compaq CQ60 with BIOS F.54 and is using Win7 32-bit

Wireless card is Atheros AR5007, driver version 2.0.0.74

HP Recommended

Nevermind.  I opened HP Wireless Assistant.  Clicked Properties, put a checkmark at "Independent controls for installed wireless devices", clicked apply, clicked "Turn On" button, and mikey liked it.

HP Recommended
Hi!
Unfortunately, as my wireless isn't working I can't download the software link you attached.
Please can you suggest an alternative solution.
Thanks
HP Recommended

Wireless button stays orange. Will not turn on. if I press f12 nothing changes ,how can i solve this problem? I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro.Though If I go through pc settings the wifi can be turn on/off,f12 which is the wireless button has no effect when pressed.plz what can I do?

HP Recommended

I use  HP Pavilion g6-1d70us Notebook PC

Product Number:   A6Y29UA

windows 8 pro

HP Recommended

@Gemsy When wireless is not working, most people use an old-fashioned LAN connection with an Ethernet cable plugged driectly into their router from the computer.

If both methods aren't working, this is bigger than a wireless driver issue.

HP Recommended

This solved the problem Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.