Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What did?

HP Recommended

Helow, good day! I am having the same problem with them and I already tried the said solutions and nothing have happened. I need to resolve this as early as possible because it's already classes time 😞

Here are my laptop's info:
Product name  : HP Compaq 6530s

Total memory  : 1024 MB ( 960 MB system + 64 MB video)
Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU   T5870 @ 2.00GHz (2000 MHz)
System BIOS    : F.09 - 12/15/2008

Keyboard revision : KBC Version 94.1B
Serial number  : {Personal Information Removed}

INTEL(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN

I hope you can help me with this -__- I don't wanna ask for a new laptop from my parents -___- Thank you in advance -_-

HP Recommended

@zubbie Which step solved your issue?

HP Recommended

@iamDanna Thanks for providing your information. I checked your BIOS version. It is slightly outdated. Here is the latest version.

BIOS version F.20

During the installation your computer will restart on its own. Allow it to restart and get back to the desktop. 

Also, check your wireless driver version 

1. Click the Start button

2. Type 'device'

3. Click Device Manager

4. Expand Network Adapters

5. Look for Intel Proset, wireless, Wi-Fi or WLAN and double-click on it to open Properties

6. Click the Driver tab and let me know the version number there

If it is earlier than 13.0 download and install the latest version below.

Intel PRO/Wireless Driver version 13.0

If you already have 13.0, update your BIOS to F.20. Then test your wireless button light. If it is still staying orange, go back to the Intel wireless Properties in Device Manager. Click the Uninstall button on the driver tab and restart the computer. Let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks this worked for me

HP Recommended

I have spent hours trying to fix this.  I have done everything I have seen on this forum, still no luck.  My wireless button won't turn on to blue.  I have an:

HP Pavilion dv6-3227 AMD Turion II P540

Prod #:XZ087UA#ABA

Bios F.29

Wifi manufacturer: Realtek PCle GBE family Controller   Version 7.46.610.2011( V.32)

I truly hope you can help.  I have already spent so much.  When i contacted HP, someone from sustomer service told me to send the laptop back and it will cost me $350.  I have already replace the motherboard and all.  I can connect withan ethernet cable but not wireless.  Please HELP!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Realtek Family Controller is your Ethernet connection. Look in Device Manager > Network Adapters for a line that says "wireless"/"WiFi"/"802.11". That line will have a manufacturer's name also. Could be Ralink, Atheros, or maybe Broadcom. Which one of those do you have?

Double-click on it and then click the Driver tab and let me know what version number is there.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately when I click on the device manager as you said, it does not show the line with WiFi 802.11.  When I press power and the wifi button it show some writing that was very quick and showing atheros but I did not see any number or version.  I even went on the HP site with my laptop but there were too many choices.  I am sorry I really don't know.

HP Recommended

No worries! You can find it a couple of other ways too. Although, since you saw Atheros, Atheros would only be a wireless card in these models.

It wouldn't hurt to check on the label on the bottom/back of your computer. There should be a label with a lot of different logos on it. This label could be inside the battery compartment. It has all of the different logos of the different manufacturers that made the component of the computer. Qualcomm Atheros should be on that label. You can also look directly on the wireless card. Here is your Maintenance and Service Guide. Viewing the WLAN card begins on page 58. The manufacturer's name will be shown there too.

It seems like the wireless driver is not installed since it is not listed below Network Adapters. Once you confirm that it is an Atheros card you have, download and install the latest Atheros wireless driver from here (version 9.20). Allow it to install and restart the computer if you are prompted to.

Let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi 

My Brothers Wifi Buttons stays orange. His computer is a HP Compaq Presario CQ45. We have tried uninstalling the drive and resetting the computer but it dis not work. Can somebody please help.

Thanks Josh

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.